• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Swamper Alert

PHILLBILLY1

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/1628888303.html

Quote directly from ad:

Denman Tire Manufacturing (Builder of most Super Swamper Tires) has closed their business. Swamper Tire availability will be extremely limited and stock will be depleted for at least 6 months. If you are interested in Swampers, you better get them now or you will be out of luck. This is NO JOKE!! 4 Wheel Parts

Hmmm...sounds like a sales pitch...but i may be wrong. I thought Interco made their own tires???

I heard something about this 2 weeks ago. Might be true, but is also a damn good sales pitch. Desperate plea to outsell pitbull maybe??

some research shows that they shared designs, but they are separate companies. I wouldn't worry about Interco going out for a while

From what I understand, it is only the LTB tires, since these were originally meant to be made overseas, but whoever it was that had the contract couldn't keep up with demand, so they made them here.

Denman makes some Interco tires. They make all Ground Hawgs and quite a few others.

Denman does not own Interco. I believe Interco is already looking for someone else to make the tires Denman made and is working on getting their molds from them, to get them in the hands of a new company to make those tires.

Perhaps Obama can bail them out. Seriously though, if Super Swampers failed to exist, there would be a whole lot of rednecks needing therapy.

What's Google? I get all my answers from NWW.

Denman makes some Interco tires. They make all Ground Hawgs and quite a few others.

Denman does not own Interco. I believe Interco is already looking for someone else to make the tires Denman made and is working on getting their molds from them, to get them in the hands of a new company to make those tires.

This makes sense...I really didn't see Swampers going byebye... I wonder which swampers Denman made, and if it's true the LTB was made by them-I hope the new company makes 'em as good, if not better than before...

i ordered a set of 40'' ltb's from NTW and not till three days later they called me and said it was going to take 8 weeks to get them....so they asked if i still wanted then and i said no cause i didnt want to wait that long...so i called 4wheelparts and asked them and they had the same story to...about some tire maker moving there wearhouse to somewhere else and during that time everone is F'ed....... so i know for shur thats the story on ltb's but dont know about rest of the swampers!

I read Denman is having a hard time and Interco is sending all their Swamper molds overseas for tire production.

I read Denman is having a hard time and Interco is sending all their Swamper molds overseas for tire production.

It $ucks that the US made products keep getting out housed (out sourced). . I hope this country can pull its head out before its to late. :booo:

I heard the opposite... that the LTBs were made in china and that the molds were being moved to the US since the tarriff on china made tires went into effect.

Pitbull tires are made in the USA and they kick the sh!t out of any interco tire. AND they are cheaper. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

just talked to the tacoma 4 wheel parts, they said that denman employees went on strike yesterday and and denman closed the doors. interco is moving all the molds to another company, according to 4 wheel parts about six months for a new set of iroks and bout year and a half for the rest. anyone else have more info?

this is what i was told over the phone so dont shoot the messenger:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looking at all the news feeds it looks like Denman laid off all the works then issued a 60-day plant closer... Sounds like they don't have the funds to pay works of buy raw materials needed to continue manufacturing tires... I guess the workers could strike but if the company doesn't have any money, then the company doesn't have any money.
perdy simple.

Looking at the company catalog it looks like they did a lot of industrial tires for mining, logging, construction, and so on. These are some of the hardest hit industries so it makes since companies who supply products to these industries would also be hurting for cash...