• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

surgery

Mod Alert

As a moderator, I was emailed an alert about this as "useless banter that does not need to be here", however I'll let it go for now as it was started by the guys who's build thread it is.

However, this is the Garage. Let's keep it on topic, i.e. building stuff.

TreeClimber, Tech Mod.

PS... I cleaned up a little of the uselessness, but if you want to have fun with this pic, copy and paste it into the Chatterbox. We're done with it here.

Last edited:
As a moderator, I was emailed an alert about this as "useless banter that does not need to be here", however I'll let it go for now as it was started by the guys who's build thread it is.

However, this is the Garage. Let's keep it on topic, i.e. building stuff.

TreeClimber, Tech Mod.

PS... I cleaned up a little of the uselessness, but if you want to have fun with this pic, copy and paste it into the Chatterbox. We're done with it here.

then the above post is OT :haha: :haha: :haha:

Useless banter? ****, the paint job is just a bonus, these are currently the only pics I have of my flipped 1 ton tie rod, longfield u joints, and BMC hi steer arm installed. :fawkdancesmiley:

Full PSC hydro assist kit w/cooler showed up today, not that I know how to, or have the time to, install it. :redneck:

loaded up the 60, time to go to work
60intaco.JPG

front 1350 pinion yoke installed
D60yoke.JPG

found my MC ('99 Dodge Durango - 1 1/8"), thought I'd misplaced it :oops:
DurangoMC99.JPG

BMC hi steer arm installed (went with studs vs bolts), the flipped 1 ton tie rod built and installed, and a peek at the D60 Bobby Long U Joints installed
histeerinstalled.JPG

new brakelines made, the factory XJ lines were different bore than the new 1/2 ton brakes so I needed hybrid lines
newbrakelines.JPG

thought I took more pics of my hydro assist parts, but guess not
PSC1.JPG

PSC2.JPG

got the black lugnuts installed on the rear
blacklugnuts.JPG

time to fire up the welder, was pretty impressed w/this Hobart 187
welder.JPG

classic welding pic
kyleweld1.JPG

kyleweld2.JPG

clayton crossmember in place and not going anywhere anytime soon...
TNTweld2.JPG

leading edge of the TNT plate
TNTweld3.JPG

trailing edge of the TNT plate (overhead welding of sheetmetal is a PITA just in case that wasn't clear to anyone)
TNTweld4.JPG

rosette welds cleaned up
TNTweld5.JPG

quick shot of primer
TNTweld6.JPG

close up of leading edge of TNT weld
TNTweld7.JPG

driver's side done
TNTweld8.JPG

6am, looong ass night, time to go get some sleep...
aarontired.JPG

That is a true statement.

Yep, just gotta go fast. :D I wasn't trying to trash on your welds drae, they just reminded me of that pirate thread and all the **** that was flipped in it as well as some great tech info. :redneck:

Yep just gotta crank the tunes and get in the groove and go for it. The tack tack will work perfect for that though doesnt need to be super duper strong

Enough

I am so tired of this tack tack rhetoric bullshit.. We get it, it's been said, go rant in a welding thread; no don't - because no one cares. Unless you pulled the trigger you don't know whether a weld was a series of drawn pools, a series of hot fast tacks or a stack of cold tacks. Looking at the top layer of a lap weld from a 2d photo on the internet it's impossible to determine the level of penetration and consistency. These welds are fine and will do exactly what they were laid to do.

I am so tired of this tack tack rhetoric bullshit.. We get it, it's been said, go rant in a welding thread; no don't - because no one cares. Unless you pulled the trigger you don't know whether a weld was a series of drawn pools, a series of hot fast tacks or a stack of cold tacks. Looking at the top layer of a lap weld from a 2d photo on the internet it's impossible to determine the level of penetration and consistency. These welds are fine and will do exactly what they were laid to do.

Dude, chill out and get a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Actually, homie's got one of the best sense of humors I know. And the truth is he's right, unless you pulled the trigger, you don't know. These are unibody reinforcements, so long as they're glued to the 'frame', they'll do what they're supposed to do. :cool: