• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Swaybar Tube

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
So i have a curry bar, arms and all that, Just no tube to mount the bar in. Who has measured or has a reasonable guess as to wall thickness for one? Im thinking 1 1/2 .188 should be fine, Just want opinions.

make it what ever size ya want and cut nylon bushings for it.

OK, To continue on....I could source some Nylon...But i HAVE some fm brass...Maybee a better mouse trap? But really only a thought at this point.

Pat uses DOM. 120 wall. The only stress on the tube is going to be where it mounts to the frame or tube frame. I haven't seen any break with .120 wall so .188 should be good. Never can go wrong with over building it.

Pat uses DOM. 120 wall. The only stress on the tube is going to be where it mounts to the frame or tube frame. I haven't seen any break with .120 wall so .188 should be good. Never can go wrong with over building it.

This is what i was looking for..Thanks. Now someone tell me why using brass for the end bushings is a bad idea. Im mainly concerned with it getting wallowed out/oblong or making noise.

mine from the factory were made of a very hard plastic, but i ordered the wrong size :redneck: so i made some out of some nylon. the only issue i had is the nylon is so soft its hard to get a good finnish on the id of the bore as it gets thin. the material wanted to absorb the cut or deflect away from the tool and left a uneven finnish. was difficult to install on the sway bar but im thinking it will wear into itself so it should be ok. so i would maybe think of something a little more firm than nylon or HDPE.

i see no reason brass or aluminium bronze would not work. Or even aluminium.

OK, To continue on....I could source some Nylon...But i HAVE some fm brass...Maybee a better mouse trap? But really only a thought at this point.

Might be to rigid, No room for torque flex in the bushing when the sway bar wads up

But I don't know ****

So carry on

This is what i was looking for..Thanks. Now someone tell me why using brass for the end bushings is a bad idea. Im mainly concerned with it getting wallowed out/oblong or making noise.

I would think the brass would wear away. With the nylon inserts you can add a little grease and it'll damn near last for ever.

I would think the brass would wear away. With the nylon inserts you can add a little grease and it'll damn near last for ever.
There's no reason you couldn't drill and tap the brass for a zirk fitting. Hell, you probably could even machine into the brass a little ring all the way around the inside to allow grease to 'flow', giving an even distribution. Should be pretty easy to do with a lathe.