• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sweet new XJ front bumper:

Avanteone

Those of you who have been to Moab probably know Steve at Moab 4x4 Outpost.

Anyway, he produces buggy chassis, all kinds of armor, etc. and their newest product is this sweet front XJ bumper. I was lucky enough to be selected to install one of their first units and beat on it for a while and report back to them. Here's a couple of pics of it sitting on the floor, sorry they're so dark:

DSCF00302.jpg

DSCF00292.jpg

DSCF00282.jpg

DSCF00272.jpg

I plan on removing my bumper today and get going on repairing my winch. It hasn't freespooled in several years so I'm gonna dig into it and see what I can find. Once that is handled and my synthetic winch rope shows up from www.Winchline.com I will get more pics of it during the assembly process.

John

OK, got it all installed and the winch mounted today. I've gotta say the fitment was pretty good. I've installed a few aftermarket XJ bumpers and they never fit perfect. There was only one hole I had to elongate slightly, and had to drill one extra hole for the bolt on my M.O.R.E. steering box brace. I'm happy /w the way it looks, and can't wait to get it out on the rocks and bash it up a little.

PICS:
before winch mounted:
DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0384.jpg

Left side mounting, replaces my C-rok outer plate:
DSCF0380.jpg

After winch installed /w new rope from www.Winchline.com:
DSCF0386.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

John

WOw, i like it!!!! The low profile look is pretty sweet. I like the way it tucks right up against the body. Some bumpers i have seen on XJs just hang way down and are huge. THis one is the way to go!!!!

KarlVP said:
That is pretty neat.

But it could use a little more under the marker/turn lights.

I was kinda thinking the same thing... just another 1/4" or so on either side would protect those lights and corners a little more.

J

Looking good John. NIce weight savings and more clearance is always good!

Look for a long term write up in CRAWL on it as well.