• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

I love seeing some good penetration :dblthumb:
16150CF5-20B1-4D9B-98CB-6C1792B80CAB_zpsqu4lj3nv.jpg

I spent a few hours in the shop this afternoon. Not a lot of progress, but I got a few things done. I put the wheels and tires on the front and got it off the jack stands to get some better pictures.

Then I used the hoist to flex it out and see how everything looks. There's a couple of issues there, but I kinda expected them. The rear tires get into the shocks pretty good when it's flexed out. And the front passenger side shock hits the chassis just a little. The front will require re-doing a small section of tube, not a big deal really. I don't know whether to try to run bigger spacers on the rear to clear the shocks, or if I should just get new wheels.

I also got the transmission/t-case mated to the engine. Planning on sitting it in the chassis first thing in the morning to start working on mounting it.

Being that you are already running spacers and still not enough clearance, go ahead and list the wheels for sale. You still have a good bit to do so you aren't really in a bind to sell em.

I sat the drivetrain in today, it's a VERY tight fit. It's just sitting on blocks right now. I still have to do a lot of measuring and checking before I start mounting it, but it's a start.

One issue is the oil pan. I'm going to have to go back to an F-Body style pan. The GTO pan just isn't going to work. The the oil filter and part of the sump want to occupy the same space as the pinion yoke. I was hoping to get farther along today, but it was slow going and I didn't get as much time in the shop as I hoped to. I snapped a few pictures, but they don't show much really.

Rokcrler said:
Minor setbacks man...keep plugging away! Anxious to see this on the rocks!
X2, thats a lot of motor in a small box and it will all be worth it in the end.

Latest posts