• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tapping IFS box for hydro assist?????

angelfly

So I am slowly getting all my parts in, I got my twin stick shifter and my high flow pump and hoses from TG yesterday the IFS box hasn't come yet but I already have all the parts on the axle ready for hydro assist:cool:

I was wondering how hard is it to tap a box for it?????

Is there somebody on here willing to do it for me????? I'll pay of course:redneck:

Any help would be greatly appreciated:awesomework:

So I am slowly getting all my parts in, I got my twin stick shifter and my high flow pump and hoses from TG yesterday the IFS box hasn't come yet but I already have all the parts on the axle ready for hydro assist:cool:

I was wondering how hard is it to tap a box for it?????

Is there somebody on here willing to do it for me????? I'll pay of course:redneck:

Any help would be greatly appreciated:awesomework:

I have done a few. But you also need to get the seal kit....

SUPER easy to tap. Pull the sector shaft out then pull the worm gear assembly out as a whole unit. Turn the worm gear to the left as you pull it out of the box and you can save yourself the frustration of putting the balls back into place. :D There are lots of writeups on where to tap so I won't get into that.

If it's a new box you shouldn't need a seal kit. The most I've ever replaced on a box is the O-ring around the worm gear housing and the input seal. Although if I ever went with a steering box again I'd rebuild it completely.