• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Team Trophy Challenge - Washington!

GaryTJ said:
That is true, we are not asking for anything that you don't already do.

But, visualize your worst nightmare run. Put yourself into a competitive mental state and 24 hours nonstop things going wrong and no sleep. and then double that and you might come close to what we are going to do to you.

You will learn things about yourself and your capability's. I guaranty it!
You will also learn about working as a team & then some. TTC is a blast & I would recommend it to anyone. I haven't gone since Joe Chacon rolled his truck & fell in love with quads. Between Joe leaving wheeling & Eric selling his truck our team fell apart.

trailready endorsement

TrailReady Motorsports entered TTC the last three years and this is the most fun i have wheelin'. More fun that ProNational Rock Crawling and more fun than Desert Racing. I've decided i'm keeping my ZJ until i win this rally(I rolled it at the last one). Come prepared, but come prepared to lose cause this is my year to win.
Larry

thanks for your TTC impression. it was the write up about Joe & your experience that Gary TJ showed me that got us to man-up and take part in the original TTC in Oregon. we ar3e just tryijng to put on an event that will challenge more that just the machine. mental, physical & team work are a bigger part of this.

i have a great idea !!
Crista, you enter with your Toy and have Crash ride shotgun as your navigator!!!!
i would put a camera in the rig to watch the fun!!!!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

but then again, Crista would probably kick butt & take names!

Dirtball said:
i have a great idea !!
Crista, you enter with your Toy and have Crash ride shotgun as your navigator!!!!

That would be an awsome start to a team. If they could get another 1/2 of the team set up the same way, they could do very well.

Dirtball said:
i have a great idea !!

O man we would need live video feed on this one for us at home:haha:

In my experience "family" teams have not done well at TTC. I have seen some great fights though:redneck:

I personally think a husband/wife team would do good as long as the wife was the driver. They have a tendancy to think things through and not get too excited.
The husband knows the vehicle and is generally better at calculations on the fly and reading maps and spotting.

The females would calm things down and keep more goal oriented as opposed to say.............................

Dirtball after 26 hours of wheeling and 28 rock stars, trying to shift a transfer case on the fly that was never intended to shift that way. You could count the teeth as they let go. Crunch, bang.... crunch, bang etc....

Funny stuff. :haha: :haha: :haha:

ya but people still thought it was me pulling you back into camp!!!!
:haha::flipoff: :haha: :flipoff: :haha: :flipoff: :haha: :flipoff: :haha:

GaryTJ said:
I personally think a husband/wife team would do good as long as the wife was the driver. They have a tendancy to think things through and not get too excited.
The husband knows the vehicle and is generally better at calculations on the fly and reading maps and spotting.

The females would calm things down and keep more goal oriented as opposed to say.............................

The last year I did TTC, my wife was my co-pilot, it rained the whole time we were there, she pulled a lot of winch cable.I was the driver, but we worked togther with the instructions

i have a few questions.

A. does there have to be 2 vehicles, none of my buddys have theres done RIGHT NOW that can handle this challenge. i was thinking my rig and a spotter (Jeeparon) would enter this.

B. My truck is street legal and i dont have insurance right now, filling out the form asks for insurance info, can i give that info at the line. ill have it by then.

C. Nessary Equipment that you guys suggested. can i bring what i would nessary need in the trail, tools, spare parts, high lift, winch, what about tree saver for when i would need to winch. That against the rules. i read them but stated no tree savors, curious as to Why? Also i think CBs are gay and dont pack one, can i yell or use walkie talkies between team member and myself. And i dont have GPS, that gonna be an issue.

D. Do i print out regester form and bring it with, how would you guys get my info. (Just figured this one out, Read Info section)

Think thats all i need to know, otherwise i might give this a whirl.

Paulie said:
i have a few questions.

a) NO this is a TEAM event

b) ??

c)
You are totally responsible for your own actions and driving!
  • Same two vehicles that start must finish as a Team.
  • All Team members that start must finish, and take part in ALL phases of the event.
  • No abusing of natural resources, including:
    • Not using a tree strap
    • Short cuts through vegetation
    • Littering

Last edited:
Paulie said:
i have a few questions.

A. does there have to be 2 vehicles, none of my buddys have theres done RIGHT NOW that can handle this challenge. i was thinking my rig and a spotter (Jeeparon) would enter this.

B. My truck is street legal and i dont have insurance right now, filling out the form asks for insurance info, can i give that info at the line. ill have it by then.

C. Nessary Equipment that you guys suggested. can i bring what i would nessary need in the trail, tools, spare parts, high lift, winch, what about tree saver for when i would need to winch. That against the rules. i read them but stated no tree savors, curious as to Why? Also i think CBs are gay and dont pack one, can i yell or use walkie talkies between team member and myself. And i dont have GPS, that gonna be an issue.

D. Do i print out regester form and bring it with, how would you guys get my info. (Just figured this one out, Read Info section)

Think thats all i need to know, otherwise i might give this a whirl.

a; yes you need 2 vehicles. That is the reason for TEAM Trophy Challenge.

b; Yes, proof at the line will be OK. We will check...

c; Tree savers are a good thing and If I remember correctly, the rules say that if you are winching without one, you can get expelled. 2 way radio's are fine, but if you have to contact a course official, you will have to go find one as they will be on a CB. I strongly suggest a cb for safety. You WILL need a gps.

d; on the bottom of the form it states make checks out to... and mail to....

Last edited:
Paulie said:
That against the rules. i read them but stated no tree savors, curious as to Why?

Because that is a given, if you have a winch then you should have proper equitment to operate it. this is part of wheeling 101

Alright I got a question, lets say me and a buddy sighn up but a coupple of weeks before the comp he rolls his rig. Can a last minute substitution be made if the subsitut rig meets all of the requirments?

the post was first put up here late last week so we have not gotten any applications in the snail mail yet,
have the honor of being the first?
Happy New Year everybody!!!!