• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tell me about Harlan

rpf500 said:
And don't buy shine from the local who sold to us. **** was strong as hell yet pretty smooth. But when I grabbed it out of the freezer the next day for a sip, it was a chunk of ice!!! :gay:
I'm still laughing over that one. Saving mine for the next trip.

Stretch said:
Been going there for about 7 years. My preference is to rent a place in Evarts. I've done the Putney side thing and don't mind it, but I like the availability of food and fuel over in Evarts. Just don't jackass around or give the local PD a reason to stop you. I've been hassled one time by a local youngbuck LEO about 4 years ago and he got his ass reamed by his superior right in front of me. Basically he got told don't **** with the people that bring money into your town unless they do something blatantly stupid. We rent from the sheriff so if you do that and stay at one of his places, you're pretty much guaranteed to lessen your chances of being messed with by locals or LEO's.

More than enough wheelin for 3 days or more IMO if you keep your rig in one piece.
We usually do it a little different, but this is how I would probably tell a newbie to do it for the first time at Harlan.
Day 1: Go hit the stuff further away. Its a good trail ride to familiarize yourself with the place. You'll see a lot of trail names and intersections on the map this way. Hit Mason Jar and Lions Den then work your way back down toward whatever side you camp on.
Day 2: Make the climb up the mountain. There are a bunch of trails that pretty much link together to get you from the Evarts trailhead to the Middle Rock Garden. Pinball, Railbed, Fish Fossil, Lower Rock Garden, Killin Time, Profanity then shoot over to Middle Rock Garden and Grapevine.
Day 3: Start near the Lower Rock Garden again then head over to Whitetail: Steel Hill, Pony Hill, Lower Damnation then drive over to the bottom section of YourTurn (top was wicked last time we were there in March), Crawfords Cry, TROUBLE, Whitetail Crawl then come back down the mountain.
Days 4-5: Assuming your **** is still in one piece then grab the map and go find anything you haven't hit yet. Days 1-3 will get you over most areas of the park and hit all the must do trails IMO. Finish it up with what I consider the "consequence" trails like Little Jagger and CreamPuff.

You can cover more or less each day depending on the size of the group and how much **** you blow up.
Can't beat this info right here! :****:
Good job! :dblthumb:

Last Fall Crawl I went from our camp on the Putney side, hit this trail and that, and while everybody was dickin around on Pinball Waterfall and Railbed I went to the Dairy Hut and got some gas. Came back to the group and it was pretty much my turn to hit Waterfall. Dairy Hut is only 5 min from the pay shack.

Re:

I'll answer #3 for ya. Yes Ivy Branch at Hatfield McCoy is good riding. Not too many guys on here have rode it so ya might have a harder time finding info. Ivycityfour-wheelers.com are the locals around there and no it better than anybody. The site isn't very busy these days but if you get on and introduce yourself somebody will answer, or pm me your number and I'll get you in touch with the right people. Lots to ride there as well I believe it's over 5k acres.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ivy's a great place. Hopefully they'll cut some new stuff this winter. I've been there 5-6 times and have ran everything there. High country offroad also has quite a few local to ivy.

Everbodys done covered everything I woulda told you,great group we have on here,Ive been many times and stayed on both sides,,love it all...with that said heres some pictures.....

These are from the Hardline trip last year...it rained on us the whole time and we still had fun and climbed lots of trails....

Re:

Just curious, never been either is there a different route around that spot or only through that tree/rock squeeze. I don't care about body damage but know my full-size long bed ain't fitting.

Re:

tnford88 said:
Just curious, never been either is there a different route around that spot or only through that tree/rock squeeze. I don't care about body damage but know my full-size long bed ain't fitting.

That whole trail is too tight for you I'd say. The alternate line is over the huge boulder , which is more hardererer...

Re:

TBItoy said:
That whole trail is too tight for you I'd say. The alternate line is over the huge boulder , which is more hardererer...

X2 I couldn't imagine dropping a full size rig in there, but there's plenty of trails you can do.

Re:

Thanks, that's what I figured. Definitely need to get up that way, just been getting back into wheeling after a long break. Only ever been to windrock no other close by trails/parks (gmp,aop,sandmines,etc)

There is a main trail that goes right beside lions den so anyone can drive up and check it out or watch thumb.gif

I'm going to be looking for a trail guide @ golden mtn and maybe windrock Oct 22-24 if you guys slap a HL ride together I'm down to ride just 1 park. Coming from PA so it would be good to be with a few others in case my junk breaks.