• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tell me about Harlan

I am up to help and could bring a few others also just plan a date so we can make some plans, maybe talk to Ken at the park and maybe get some dozer help also

Hey does anybody know a contact number for the camground on up towards trailhead beside railroad tracks on evarts side? Not the one down in town. Also i see people camping on up past guard shack......is there a bath house up there? I have looked on the web and im not having any luck.

You might call the Everts trail head to ask about the camping down there but camping above the trail head you have to drive down there to shower there's nothing in the park. When you pay the park to camp above the trail head they tell you that's where you can shower

X2 what Ryan said. If I remember correctly, you have to call city hall or courthouse for the campground down by the shower house. It's been a while tho.

OtisWV said:
Hey does anybody know a contact number for the camground on up towards trailhead beside railroad tracks on evarts side? Not the one down in town. Also i see people camping on up past guard shack......is there a bath house up there? I have looked on the web and im not having any luck.

OR camp on the Putney side and have your own shower and bathroom???????? Just an idea man :dblthumb:

Forbanger said:
The only disadvantage of Putney is getting gas. Other than that, it is the best! Putney is where it's at!

Gas is 1/4 mile down the road, you can drive your rig.

Edit, and food, and cheap firewood ect. Breakfast and lunch and a small country store.

Forbanger said:
The only disadvantage of Putney is getting gas. Other than that, it is the best! Putney is where it's at!

I disagree. We cross the park and head out through town. Get a bite to eat and fill up. When we stayed on the Evarts side, we had the same ride to get to town for fuel. The trip back to Putney we ran 50mph for as much of the trip as we could....total blast.

Jody Treadway said:
I rode Crawford's Cry in late December and we talked about continuing up past the "exit".
There are 2-3 trees down and the trail is badly eroded away. Nothing that a workday and then some tire spin wouldn't help to clear.

It'll take some big tires and big power to get much further than the current exit (which is pretty bad again). Out of our crew of 37 Iroks, 40 Treps, 42 Treps, 43 SX and 44 TSL, all on built biggies, all but 1 had to winch out of the existing exit.

Lol I came out the top of Crawford's cry last October and took a **** on the second ledge. As I was reflecting on the trail I also thought continuing that trail would be kind of cool. Definitely be Nasty though.

Re: Re: Tell me about Harlan

WUTZAT said:
My buddies go there a couple of times a year mostly because of the women.
Toothless meth heads???

Picking up women is easy in Evarts .....Just shake the pill bottle ( Kentucky Rattler ) and it brings them down off the old RR bridge to the campground.....So I been told.

clemsonjeep said:
You're welcome to try putney out with us. At this point there's only 3 of us in the cabin.

I appreciate that a bunch. But I've got a cabin reserved. I have 1 other rig coming with me, and my wife always goes wheelin with me. We will definitely have to sit around the campfire and throw some cold ones back and recap the day tho!

Re: Re: Tell me about Harlan

Jody Treadway said:
So the question is when are we going to have a pseudo work/ someone from here conquer the upper part of Crawford's Cry day?
X2

Get to the real issues

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk