• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TG, All-Pro, or??????

wentz912

So I've been thinking again about just going with one of the more popular suspension companies out there.....the ones like trail gear, all-pro, marlin, and the like. The biggest three there seem to be pretty close in content as far as their full kits go, all 4 springs, new perches, shackle, high steer stuff, and all that. They range from about 1550 to 1650 for just the kit before shipping....anything i should know about the different companies products? What have you guys run before? Run into any problems with installation instructions, quick sag, real world flex numbers and the like you know? the truck thi would be going on is an otherwise stock 84 toyota SR5.
Let me know what you guys think.....I'll have the money to cash out the kit purchase here before too long so yeah......

I went with TG and had no problems. A friend of mine used MC and it went together with out a snag. but not sure about AP.

My buddy just maxed out a CC with Trail Gear, and even though there was a few mix ups TG was quick to make it right and in more then one case went WAY above and beyond just fixing the problem. As in hooking him up with free parts and he didn't even have to ask.

ofcourse if you do some searching youll find some people don't like TG bc of some stuff that happened in the past. I wont go into details because I don't want this to be another sideways post, so do the searching on your own.

I have had a couple friends who had horrible service from Marlin Crawler, they billed orders and then forgot about them, and some they took the order and never moved further and totally forgot about them.

This has been covered time and again, so there's plenty of reading material on this board alone. Search and if you don't find it post up. Good Luck. :awesomework:

My buddy just maxed out a CC with Trail Gear, and even though there was a few mix ups TG was quick to make it right and in more then one case went WAY above and beyond just fixing the problem. As in hooking him up with free parts and he didn't even have to ask.
Similar situation happened to me. They accidentally billed me twice for a few hundred dollar order (two people working the order, they both billed it). They were quick to refund the money, good communication throughout too when I asked about it multiple times afraid I wasn't going to be able to pay my bills. I had accidentally ordered one part during that order that I wanted, but didn't need yet, and when I asked about exchanging them for the parts I wanted and needed, they simply shipped me the new ones free, and let me keep the others for the mix up.

Honestly, I don't care about all the drama. Ive had good service with them in the three orders Ive had with them (above was the first problem). I also got free parts from TG, yet I couldn't even get stickers from Marlin which they claimed were included in every order. Even after emailing and specifically asking about them as well.

~T.J.

so it sounds like the general service that people are getting from Marlin is pretty terrible, but TG makes due at the very least for their mistakes yeah?

I ordered all my parts through tg for my SAS on a thursday, and they were on my doorstep by the next monday. Extremely quick shipping for the size of boxes. And all went together well.

i didnt have a problem ordering from marlin... online. TG went well too... though they forgot some **** i need to hit em up for. course i dont blame them, i ordered like... everything. hahaha.:D

I recently had three day turn around from TG. GReat service. Nice parts.

I like marlins stuff, and have oredered from them before, but it wasn't a quick turn around on the parts I ordered.

i have ordered from tg 3 time everytime parts were on my door step with in 3 working days. they also have not had problems with my orders so im very happy with there parts and service. i have tried mc and canceled my order after 3wks of no parts.

Okay guys, how about the technical attributes of the different kits? How long the springs take to sage to a nice and flat stance, the overall quality of the materials, ease of installation...etc etc...

Latest posts