• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Th350 down!!

Bj mac

Has anyone had any luck with getting a th350 to hold up? booyang
If so I'd love to hear your input. I'm runing a built 6.0 350/205 with rocks and 43s
:fish:

Nope. Broke 5 th350 cases behind my caddy 500. Using a Reid powerglide now and it is a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problems here **IF** you stay with the same mounting and mount the transfer case also, I prefer hard mounting everything; engine, transmission, and transfer case. What is the issue that continually happens to you?

I've busted some cases but its from shitty mounting or hitting stuff. I almost upgraded cases last time but guy building them for me said "they been slammin them off the line in drag cars for years with wwwwaaaaaayyyy more power than you have, just get your damn mounts right."

JohnG said:
No problems here **IF** you stay with the same mounting and mount the transfer case also, I prefer hard mounting everything; engine, transmission, and transfer case. What is the issue that continually happens to you?

Well the first time I busted the sprag gear. So I'm runing the hardened sprag now.
My buddy and I was out climbing some clay walls late last night and the second
time I hit it first gear just let go. Every other gear pulls fine. What you think happened this time?

Changed mine to a K case and solid mounted everywhere. Been going strong for 3 years of racing/riding. Finally burned it up after ripping a cooling line the last AOP race.

civicmindedex79 said:
Changed mine to a K case and solid mounted everywhere. Been going strong for 3 years of racing/riding. Finally burned it up after ripping a cooling line the last AOP race.

Who did you have build it?

I ran a th350 for over 2 years with no issues and was running when the new owner tore it down to build a new chassis so IMO if u have a good builder go threw it and install the parts that u need for what we do it should hold up with no problems

Rohlingoffroad said:
Me and civicmindedex79 used the same guy billy landers local old school drag racer

Ok. I'll give it another shot with a new builder. That one only made it to one trip to Harlan and a few
local ride. Was going to choco next weekend but...... Junk :woot:

broke 2 cases but pretty sure it was due to mounting and hard hits.

the internals have held up really well. builder just went through mine (doing a new TC) and said everything looked good other than 3rd being a little burnt. doesn't surprise me since I tend to stay in 3rd and use the motors torque to tool around. probably shouldn't do that anymore ;D

this was in a 5300# rig with a decently built 6.0 (42" SXIIs). it's now in a lighter buggy so it should hold up even better

I rebuilt mine with the Monster in a Box kit from monster transmissions. Holding up to 525hp so far.

Bj mac said:
I don't have to engin brake installed in mine now. Is it worth having?
I don't like the engine brake option! My dads t400 has it and my old buggy didn't it engages entirely to hard! As long as you have decent brakes I would stay away from it!

al1tonyota said:
I don't like the engine brake option! My dads t400 has it and my old buggy didn't it engages entirely to hard! As long as you have decent brakes I would stay away from it!

I have real good brake. Thanks!!

So tell me this, I may be wrong.. But hard mounting is only good when they chassis does not flex correct??(buggies/ tube tied to frame, crossmembers etc) but If there's any flex in the chassis you might as well use all rubber?

Latest posts