• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thanks for the Motivational butt hurt HL Crew.

Re: Anybody free saturday to cut some perches. *pics added*

Opossum said:
if gas keeps going up I'll probably have to drive it back and forth to work.

bed and that big battering rams(bumpers) are coming off next weekend hopefully.

If there are any changes you'll let me know?

Apologies for the hi-jack....

Peter

this is hardline... don't apologize for a hijack its always bound to happen in one of these threads

Id go with it if thats the weight of the rig on them.... Alcans settle ALOT, and it wont be but 6mo ( if you do get to wheeling it ) it will wrap like a muh fugga, the shackle will be laid waaaaaaaaay back (springs flattening / settling ) and youll be bitching about needing a traction bar. If you dont right outta the gate , depends alot on how / what you wheel it on. Vertical will wrap those springs faster than ****..

I havent seen one Yota build were all of the above didnt happen on Alcan springs. :popcorn:

the springs were bought from bert off caos. I think he said they were 6in lifts I took and pulled them apart and put two stock springs and the stock "helper" spring in them to reduce the lift I'd like to keep it as low as possible. the bed is a rust hole just about so I'm ditching it for a simple angle iron flatbed that goes along the frame. and the front is nothing a sawzall can't take care of thumb.gif

P said:
Id go with it if thats the weight of the rig on them.... Alcans settle ALOT, and it wont be but 6mo ( if you do get to wheeling it ) it will wrap like a muh fugga, the shackle will be laid waaaaaaaaay back (springs flattening / settling ) and youll be bitching about needing a traction bar. If you dont right outta the gate , depends alot on how / what you wheel it on. Vertical will wrap those springs faster than ****..

I havent seen one Yota build were all of the above didnt happen on Alcan springs. :popcorn:

I haven't bent any springs, but mine are neither Alcan nor actively being used yet. They would be under current and active duty (and in a way I suppose are somewhat), but I used to know this guy in Sumiton that was going to help me out one day....

Since that day, my truck has been sitting needing some fairly simple things, but....

It is note-worthy though that I add the following:

I purchased 5" Trail-Gear springs for the front of my Yoat a couple years ago just for some mock-up and general roll-around shop duties and the thing has sat in various places (still not operable) and the springs have lost at least 2" of their peppyness and I haven't even driven the truck.

Just a quick not to those that are interested in Trail-Gear 5" springs....

Peter

So got an hour to work on it today before getting ready for work, went out and put on some old tires I had laying around to get the rear "off jack stands" and noticed something

before: axle on the ground
100_3143.jpg

After: tires on
100_3149.jpg

anything to alievate this problem without cutting and re-welding the hanger?

Look at the rake on this thing :flipoff1:
100_3144.jpg

on to the front. thumb.gif
100_3148.jpg

THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

Nothin like a lil online flaming to light the fire under someone's ass. Way 2 go man!

Yeah, the shackle shouldn't lay flat on the frame. Looks like you're going to have to move the perch, or run a ghetto fabbed 12" long shackle.

no the axles have been out for a while just haven't been "motivated enough" to get the new ones back under there. But thanks to the fine motivational speakers in these forums I've gotten off my ass. Now if I can get Kelly to get that hanger for me I'll be semi-golden.

i was home long enough to put some leftovers in the microwave and he was outside. was gonna post up about his ass burning, but ricky might ban me.

Speeding said:
Yeah, the shackle shouldn't lay flat on the frame. Looks like you're going to have to move the perch, or run a ghetto fabbed 12" long shackle.
maybe I'll go with one of those cool double shackle setups :flipoff1:

are those 63's??

run an 8" eye to eye shackle out back and cut/reweld the front hanger appropriatly... shackle should be at 45 degree angle on that setup.

That thing will have badass axle droop... **** man youll have like eleventy billion inches of down travel ! drool

thats gonna require some fab work to make those springs to be usable... DOH... better get with Peter and find a good reputable fab shop ! laughing1

MUCHADO said:
are those 63's??

run an 8" eye to eye shackle out back and cut/reweld the front hanger appropriatly... shackle should be at 45 degree angle on that setup.

I sold the 63's I had and opted for these, they are 6in (I believe) alcans for the rear of a 3 gen toy. I took and pulled them apart and replaced some of the springs with a few stock springs to reduce the lift. I never took a tape to them I know they are a tad longer than the stock springs though.

P said:
That thing will have badass axle droop... **** man youll have like eleventy billion inches of down travel ! drool

thats gonna require some fab work to make those springs to be usable... DOH... better get with Peter and find a good reputable fab shop ! laughing1

You won't do it for a couple of cases of keystone? I believe I can slide the front end onto a trailer and tow it over this weekend and you can just do it in between trips to the new pad. I'll even help load your **** up :flipoff1:

What has America given the world? Chinease food, pizza, chimachongas. The missionary position, your welcome...

Latest posts