• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

THE AVENGER BUGGY

xjpaddler said:
Bj what hub setup are you running?? And does yours have the big bell??

My buggy has the Rockwell size cv shafts that are 40 spline all the way through. They are not a turned down 47 spline, RCV redesigned them to be built correctly when mine were ordered. The stub shaft is a 1 piece design unlike the D60 version where the double spline shaft comes out of the CV.

My hubs are a HD D60 hub that Wide Open Design modifies to accept larger bearings accommodating the 40 spline shafts. The spindles are a heat treated 4130 chromoly piece that uses standard Solid spindle nuts and drive slugs.

All of the parts can be purchased through Wide Open Design. I have not had a single part failure in this setup and they have not been treated nicely. I wouldn't change a thing if I did it all over again.

crawlin85cj said:
My buggy has the Rockwell size cv shafts that are 40 spline all the way through. They are not a turned down 47 spline, RCV redesigned them to be built correctly when mine were ordered. The stub shaft is a 1 piece design unlike the D60 version where the double spline shaft comes out of the CV.

My hubs are a HD D60 hub that Wide Open Design modifies to accept larger bearings accommodating the 40 spline shafts. The spindles are a heat treated 4130 chromoly piece that uses standard Solid spindle nuts and drive slugs.

All of the parts can be purchased through Wide Open Design. I have not had a single part failure in this setup and they have not been treated nicely. I wouldn't change a thing if I did it all over again.

Thanks BJ!! If you were to build another u4 race rig, would you go this route or try and stay with lighter componets??

xjpaddler said:
Thanks BJ!! If you were to build another u4 race rig, would you go this route or try and stay with lighter componets??

I have a U4 car I race. It's all Solid D60 parts. I'm not so sure I'm a fan of all the unspring weight for the shocks to control in high speed situations.

Latest posts