• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

Goin out on a limb here but I'm just gonna guess that there was ohh I dunno, about a **** ton more money spent on rated x and white trash. Would make sense to not half ass on a 30,40k + build... (It Ya was gonna happen to half ass) I think (I could be wrong) saw him "testing" white trash at morris, coulda been Choco. I talked to his wife while he tried to move 3 ton bolders with front axle.. Either way the buggy I watched really got my attention.. I have never in my life seen a buggy just straight up abused like the one i saw!! The buggy was a beast! But the "test" drive was Fukin insane. Actually thought it was Jonathan's for a wile. But I had Rockwells.. Anyways, all I needed to see was the T/c mount. CASE CLOSED!!!!!!

ratedX said:
I had a couple issues with rated x and labron took care of me everytime even rebuilt my motor wen an oiling mistake was made due to the turbo system. I yanked the rear subframe outta it during a bounty hill I called him up told him in the future what I thought would work better, he sent me all the gussets and whatever else I needed to get it back goin. I did all the work but if you can't work on one you dnt need to own one. I just picked up my first jimmy smith buggy and completely cut it apart cause it dosent work but I can't blame anybody there and wont. My experience with labron has been good he fixed everything that need to be addressed and I know he offers to do the same for you. Hope all works out
So you PAID out the ass and bought a new smith buggy, it didn't work so it was cut up and rebuilt !?? AND your happy????? Hahahah I'm confused.. What's the point in Even buying a buggy? And I was once told "if Ya can't afford all DOM tubing your in the wrong "sport". By some weenie washer.. One of the most retarded statements I have ever heard...

ibrokeit said:
Why you black out the rate?? I'm curious what he charges.
I told her to not post the labor rate or prices he charged us for parts. I was gonna post the 3 different bills I have with the same date on them with different items and descriptions but he did discount things for me. I am not saying that. I am afraid if the labor rate was made public people would be calling him wanting the same deal or past customers would call him bitching. I don't know what he normally charges but this thread is not to hurt his buisness or make him not be able to feed his family. I was asking everyones opinion on my situation and if I am in the wrong for not paying.
It seems like at 269 hours I would have gotten something a little closer to right though. He did say he punched in before taking my buggy to have exhaust done and punched out when he got home so that is in the labor time too I am assuming. Plus the 700$ worth of custom exhaust.

Since this is a build thread in tech and fab I will say the ol sbc loves the 125 shot. :cougar:

I'm sorry my wife just texted me the exhaust was 425. Its cut up and in a pile at work where I swapped it for a 10 pound nitrous bottle and welded me on some turnouts right behind the o2's. :woot:

Re: Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

BUG-E J said:
I'm sorry my wife just texted me the exhaust was 425. Its cut up and in a pile at work where I swapped it for a 10 pound nitrous bottle and welded me on some turnouts right behind the o2's. :woot:
And it sounds so good !!!

Since you asked for opinions here's mine. You and the builder should both walk away from this deal and pretend it never happened. I've got more opinion I could throw in but it's not important. I'm too busy SMH at the whole deal :****:

Joc said:
That is the number one reason I'll never own a csc buggy.
Number two reason is I couldnt afford it anyways lol especially if the price is steadily going up

This has been hashed before about that wreck, I think it all boils down to this, if you take that solid of a hit in any buggy you are going to have serious problems, NO ONE can build a buggy that will never need bars replaced with those type of extreme hits.Even screaming blue has had the top cut off several times for bar failure. Tubing can only take so much.

Elliott said:
This has been hashed before about that wreck, I think it all boils down to this, if you take that solid of a hit in any buggy you are going to have serious problems, NO ONE can build a buggy that will never need bars replaced with those type of extreme hits.Even screaming blue has had the top cut off several times for bar failure. Tubing can only take so much.

I completely agree, while Jon may have had issues, it is not the builders fault when a buggy takes a roll like that. That is the risk taken doing hills like that.

Elliott said:

Fact

Re: Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

mashyermotor said:
814f0a8b3df75051724ef00d7a001ecd.jpg

I have had two buggies built. I had never thought about the number of hours until now. I could not tell if the 269 number was high or low, so I added up all the hours on the Solo Buggy. This was a turn key buggy, I did dis-assemble the old buggy and did a lot of cleaning of the axles to save labor. My total bill has 58 entries for labor. The total hours was 387.2681.

JohnG said:
I have had two buggies built. I had never thought about the number of hours until now. I could not tell if the 269 number was high or low, so I added up all the hours on the Solo Buggy. This was a turn key buggy, I did dis-assemble the old buggy and did a lot of cleaning of the axles to save labor. My total bill has 58 entries for labor. The total hours was 387.2681.

I agree, 269 hours seems real low. Both buggies I have had built turnkey were in excess of 400 hours.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

All I've seen is a tranny mount that looks like crap and some shocks that need to be turned around. Anything else?

You don't want to show the labor rate because its very low. Probably lower than anyone else, that's why you went with this builder. You get what you pay for. That's the way things are. This reminds me of all the threads about FOA shocks.

I'm not saying this guy shouldn't be held responsible but you are at fault also. If you felt like he was ripping you off you you should have stopped. Stopped paying. Stopped everything. Instead you went against your better judgment cause you had "race day" blinders on.

I'd chock it as an L and keep it movin. As should he.

Elliott said:

Yes your right this is beating a dead horse. Sorry. Just judging by the pics of welds posted and some facts said leads me to think it was shitty welds that failed hard hit or not.
I cannot remember what gave. Did the weld break or did the steel tear??

scrambled said:
All I've seen is a tranny mount that looks like crap and some shocks that need to be turned around. Anything else?

You don't want to show the labor rate because its very low. Probably lower than anyone else, that's why you went with this builder. You get what you pay for. That's the way things are. This reminds me of all the threads about FOA shocks.

I'm not saying this guy shouldn't be held responsible but you are at fault also. If you felt like he was ripping you off you you should have stopped. Stopped paying. Stopped everything. Instead you went against your better judgment cause you had "race day" blinders on.

I'd chock it as an L and keep it movin. As should he.
I totally agree. I have not avoided this and adressed it in my paragraphs. The deal we had was to make the stuff "right" I didn't have time to deal with and let me handle what I could deal with as long as certain things were met. If it would have been wired, powdered, stuff put on motor steering finished, and pulled itself on the trailer with no major problems an extra 100 hours would have been worth it for what I have had to put back in it. :****:

Joc said:
Yes your right this is beating a dead horse. Sorry. Just judging by the pics of welds posted and some facts said leads me to think it was shitty welds that failed hard hit or not.
I cannot remember what gave. Did the weld break or did the steel tear??
It was 2 peices of flat plate welded together and bent where it was welded together. I called it angle iron cause fron the top side the weld is ground smooth but on the bottom you can see where its tacked.

crawlin85cj said:
I agree, 269 hours seems real low. Both buggies I have had built turnkey were in excess of 400 hours.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
It was what we will call a roller with boxes full of parts. Only reason the pics from when I brought it home had panels on it is because I threw them on when I picked it up since I had nowhere in the truck to put them.

So you PAID out the ass and bought a new smith buggy, it didn't work so it was cut up and rebuilt !?? AND your happy????? Hahahah I'm confused.. What's the point in Even buying a buggy? And I was once told "if Ya can't afford all DOM tubing your in the wrong "sport". By some weenie washer.. One of the most retarded statements I have ever heard...
[/quote]

I bought a 2012 smith buggy that had 18 inch upper links nothing worked right but that's not the point I'm just saying NO ONE has ever bought a turnkey buggy without having issues john may have a bit more than average just my 2 cents and no I'm not happy I'll never be happy lol

I disagree...M$M built me a roller and everything worked perfect! This thread makes me appreciate PJ a high quality person to do business with.