• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Gee-Tar thread

Re:

Badass dude! Do some LOG covers! Lol. I wish I had the drive to put more effort into playing and learn more about equipment. Unfortunately, I'm a classic case of the jack of all trades, master of none.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm the same way kinda. I know a lot of songs but many(most) are not perfect. I might be able to swing one of the easier ones like hourglass.

Beerj said:
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm the same way kinda. I know a lot of songs but many(most) are not perfect. I might be able to swing one of the easier ones like hourglass.

Omerta is the easiest lol Hourglass is too fast for my current coordination. I can play the opening riffs, but not very clean and can't keep up with the song's time. I can play Omerta all the way through, but the problem is getting the right tone out of my setup and playing it crisp and clean. I'm just not where I would like to be on that sort of stuff. The main riff of Redneck is fairly simple to play! I picked up on it much easier than Hourglass. Hourglass is such a badass song tho!

TacomaJD said:
Omerta is the easiest lol Hourglass is too fast for my current coordination. I can play the opening riffs, but not very clean and can't keep up with the song's time. I can play Omerta all the way through, but the problem is getting the right tone out of my setup and playing it crisp and clean. I'm just not where I would like to be on that sort of stuff. The main riff of Redneck is fairly simple to play! I picked up on it much easier than Hourglass. Hourglass is such a badass song tho!
I've found good results with like 90% preamp, 75% hi, 40% mid and 100% low. On live recordings I hear a lot more mid but on albums it's pretty much nonexistent. Of course, those settings only really work based on my position. If I lean down to fiddle with knobs on the pedals it sounds completely different. Either way, cut the mid, boost the low to thicken it and in my case I have to retard the preamp a little otherwise I get some real funky sounds. Best way to describe it would be to call it palm harmonics. Open notes sound great but when muting it creates a sort of ringing. Very strange but I manage. I really need to invest in a volume pedal. So simple but I think it would help eliminate some sacrifices I make when trying to get an "almost dirty" sound and swells.

Re:

Gawdammit BeerJ is officially my ****ing HL HERO! **** yeah dude! You nailed the last half of the song! **** balls that's awesome!

TacomaJD said:
Gawdammit BeerJ is officially my ****ing HL HERO! **** yeah dude! You nailed the last half of the song! **** balls that's awesome!
Lol, you have no idea how tired my arm was after the vomit riff. It's been too long. But thanks man, I aim to please. One of these days I'll learn those parts I goofed on.
zukimaster said:
Man, maybe yall should meet up somewhere halfway and get a hotel room and wack off on each other's guitars? :flipoff1:
That might not be a bad idea, see note above regarding needed stamina :flipper:.

Re: Re: The Gee-Tar thread

zukimaster said:
Man, maybe yall should meet up somewhere halfway and get a hotel room and wack off on each other's guitars? :flipoff1:
I'll bring a guitar hero guitar so you won't be left out. Pick up Marsha on yer way, then it'll be a party.

Re:

On a serious note, I often think of how awesome it is when someone is able to cover those kind of songs, then consider how much more badass you are when you compose the ****!

Beerj said:
Here ya go JD. WTF
https://youtu.be/S2LjhH5Bdzw
I watched that last night! Im reading Randy's book when I get time between homework. I'm almost halfway through it, it's awesome! He went through some **** in Prague!

DirtMonkey said:
Well done man!
Thanks dude. thumb.gif
TacomaJD said:
I watched that last night! Im reading Randy's book when I get time between homework. I'm almost halfway through it, it's awesome! He went through some **** in Prague!
I didn't even know about it. Pretty cool though. I had his book ordered but Amazon was being dumb about shipping it and had no idea when it would be available. I'll have to try again.

You guys should give my brother a listen. Makes me sound like a pile of ****. Completely different styles but he's got the technical stuff down to a science. The backing track is just drums, bass and a little bit of synth. Everything else is his guitar, just a whole bunch of tracks.
https://youtu.be/OTtPBxXMcF4

Beerj said:
You guys should give my brother a listen. Makes me sound like a pile of ****. Completely different styles but he's got the technical stuff down to a science. The backing track is just drums, bass and a little bit of synth. Everything else is his guitar, just a whole bunch of tracks.
https://youtu.be/OTtPBxXMcF4
Very "DragonForce" feel to that one. I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This was a first for me. I've never realized how tricky it is to sync up video and audio. But I think recording the audio through the computer rather than the phone is much better.
https://youtu.be/-_KbBOvkoQY

https://bandhubmediastream.azureedge.net/files/m-f-eab73843-a553-4eb2-ae64-df6a57f3655d.mp4

Found this site not long ago. Someone puts up the original song and after everyone uploads their parts the backing track is muted. This one is still missing keys and the other guitarist, on the left, is clipping really bad. Still turned out okay I think.