• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The mayor of hardcoreville

Can Pucker ridge be cleared with a chain saw or two? Going up there next week.

You may want to have 3 or 4 saws and send a group in from each way. There were about 50 to 60 blowdowns at the top of the ridge. With a crew of 10 or so it may take about 3 or 4 hours.

It's nasty up there.

We made it through Pucker ridge on sunday, yesterday, and a couple of other guys came through the other way as us also. :D

No we didn't clear them someone had made a way through, one of our guys broke a main spring on the log you had to climb over though.

No we didn't clear them someone had made a way through, one of our guys broke a main spring on the log you had to climb over though.

Yeah, we had some trouble on that first log too. But the trail was pretty much a zoo when we got up there. No way you were making it through, and there was no way to make a bypass.

Yeah, that's no ****. Trying to make a bypass on that trail = committing suicide.

That's not exactly what I meant, but also a good point. :haha: Rimrock is the only area I've ever been that there wasn't a flipping bypass for everything. If you're going, take a saw and expect downed trees. There was plenty of advanced notice from others that where there earlier. If you can't clear it or get over it, turn around and go back.

There were more bypasses in Rimrock than anywhere I have been this year, that storm in Nov hit the area hard. Every trail had a few bypasses, not just ones made that weekend, some have been run pretty hard. Most are close to the trail but a few were hard to tell where the trail went to.

There were more bypasses in Rimrock than anywhere I have been this year, that storm in Nov hit the area hard. Every trail had a few bypasses, not just ones made that weekend, some have been run pretty hard. Most are close to the trail but a few were hard to tell where the trail went to.

Yes this frequently happens at Rimrock, sometimes trees fall that are impractical to cut. However, I believe this is concidered more of a re-route of the trail than a bypass.

Ya, I know the trails drift from time to time, even the old quad maps show where the route was which is sometimes hundreds of feet from where it is now. I'm talking about **** like on Kaner where there's 3-4 well abused paths that are right off the main trail.

Yes this frequently happens at Rimrock, sometimes trees fall that are impractical to cut. However, I believe this is concidered more of a re-route of the trail than a bypass.

Ken was talking to the forest ranger up there. The ranger said that if the tree was impractical to cut, and you could make a re-route through, just do it. This way the trail doesn't get too torn up and will re-grow itself over time.

Ken was showing us where some of the original trail routes were and you can't even tell they were there.

Ken was talking to the forest ranger up there. The ranger said that if the tree was impractical to cut, and you could make a re-route through, just do it. This way the trail doesn't get too torn up and will re-grow itself over time.

Ken was showing us where some of the original trail routes were and you can't even tell they were there.

Exactly, after a couple of years go by you really have to look to see those original lines.:D

Latest posts