• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

progress

I tore down the rig to do some welding on the frame(everything has been tacked for the most part.

zukbuild044.jpg

I burned up an 11lb spool of wire over the weekend,my lil 110 lincoln was pissed!!:redneck:

I got it all done tho.

zukbuild046.jpg

zukbuild048.jpg

capped these ends off and gave them an angle so they can slide over rocks and such easy.
zukbuild040.jpg

Much easier to weld all this upp sitting nice and high upside down.:awesomework:
zukbuild042.jpg

Picked up a homemade tubing bender through some horse trading.
bender001.jpg

The slides for the alluminum sliding die were pretty out of wack the previous owner didnt weld them in there level so it was not operating correct,plus the hand powered jack is just way to much work to operate imo.

So I tore it apart and welded the bottom plates in correctly and converted it over to air over hydraulic jack and gave it a new paint job.

Here she is after I so called peed all over it and made it my own :beer:
zukbuild038-1.jpg

a holder for the air control,might try to make a foot pedal for it so i can have both hands free for bending.
zukbuild037.jpg

whatcha think of this tool?its no jr2 or the likes...:corn:

i also knocked out some rocker mods on the body.

zukbuild033.jpg

zukbuild034.jpg

Last edited:
No coments,flames or suggestions eh?
wtf

Any way Ill post some more progress.

Built some rocker guards,I attached them to the new frame section since its stronger than the stock frame with some 1 1/2"x .120 wall square stock.

zukbuild055.jpg

zukbuild056.jpg

zukbuild057.jpg

My digital agle doohicky came into today.Im going to use this to measure my bends so i can have a chance at repeatabilty.

zukbuild.jpg

So soon as I can get that other rocker guard built I can start ruining some tube lol:awesomework:

lol I get shorter,fatter,balder and uglier every day.

Damn good thing I got a big ......personality.:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

This is a cool build. It looks like you have tons of skill and patience and are building some bullet proof stuff.:awesomework:

This is a cool build. It looks like you have tons of skill and patience and are building some bullet proof stuff.:awesomework:

I think its mostly patience,I tend to be kinda slow at building the stuff,really on purpose just trying to get a nice finished product.Lots of overkill here and there in good spots though I think.

Thanks for th kind words,Mike.

tubeage

As you would expect Ive been trying build the exo cage now.Im a newb at this so it hasnt been going to well.Ive managed to ruin 2 20'sticks so far lol.

I regrouped this weekend and it seems that im getting past the learning curve a bit now,I aint out of the woods yet but Its getting easier.

heres the center hoop,Its got 12 differant nends in it,in an attempt to keep it tight to the body.
zukibild104.jpg

zukbuild067.jpg

The front hoop hasnt come out quite as good but I think its good enough dont really want to scrap another tube.
zukibild101.jpg

Still need to finish pinning the hood ,got one side started.The pass side bar does have a bigger gap,the pic seems to exagerate it a lil though.
zukibild103.jpg

The side bars.
zukbuild069.jpg

Got the front bar in there so I can get the doors on and off easy.
zukibild102.jpg

I finished up the hood today.I went ahead and extended it 6"s,to be sure my rad will fit ok.

zukibild113.jpg

Made some lil fill in pieces

zukibild115.jpg

Also built and tacked in the front hoop bottom bar.

zukibild121.jpg

zukibild119.jpg

Side shot

zukibild120.jpg

and the under belly

zukibild122.jpg

pretty happy with how the hood and front hoop came out:awesomework:

Time to start working on the back half:cheer:

:cool: That hood looks good. :awesomework:
Bunch of bondo and alot of sanding later on and it should be pretty cool.

i like it.... i wish i had a shop this makes me want to build on the heep:awesomework:
If ya want ot youll get it bud.

On your boat sides, Sheet it in and cover it all with a piece of uhmw or 6061.
The plan is the uhmw,Ive got a freind that works for the fish and game dep.So I got a hook up on the uhmw.

You may have already said this but are you going to run a cage inside of that exo?
Maybe just a bar behing the seat for saftey reasons.Im concidering building a capsule type rear cage for the rear bucket seat.When i take my grandson wheelin install the seat and cage in the back,when its just 2 if us remove it and save the weight and gain the storage.

I like the tunnel. I should have done that.
The tunnel had me kinda bugged out wasnt to sure about doing that,but building the brake and building the tunnel ended up being a piece of cake ,very esasy to do,unlike bending tube lol.

This Sami is bitchin Mike! Makes me want to build one!

Thanks,Im a big fan of the zuks.They need alot of work when you want to get all hardcore and stuff,so do most rigs I guess.Build one its fun ...really.:redneck: