• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

My solution for the junk res lid.

I built a cap for it and will tap it out to 1/2"npt.Had a guy wled it on for me.

This should keep her leak free.
zukbuild549.jpg
:redneck:

installed a shoulder harness bar.
zukbuild547.jpg

zukbuild546.jpg

went ahead and painted her up this weekend.

zukbuild545.jpg

zukbuild548.jpg

I think the satin black kinda gives her that rat rod look.:cool:

Been slacking on the build thread guys.

Just been super busy finding,buying,a trailer and trying to find a cummins truck,and trying to find midget strippers...that aint easy

I have been getting some stuff done jUst a an hour here and there.I took some pics last night of what Ive been up to as far as the build goes.

I got the pane tank saddle welded in.Its been sitting around for a while its starting to rust.

zukbuild561.jpg

Ended up cutting out my c02 tank mount and had to move it (miscalculation)oops hehe.
zukbuild560.jpg

still working on putting a few more bars on the back cage.I got to get the back cage all finished by Friday.Thunder road street rods is stopping by fri. night to take it out to the there shop to do the rear alluminum work and build front inner fender wells.

Going with one more vertical support bar here on both sides and another cross member back there.
zukbuild567.jpg

more gussets,lil extra strength a nd coolness
zukbuild558.jpg

zukbuild559.jpg

Also finally got the hood finished,in person it dont look so goodbut these pics came out allright.
zukbuild562.jpg

heres the headlights I decided on.
I went with Pilot cause there a good product and cost effective.These are all just 55w I may swap some bulbs in em and crank em up.
The top will be back up lights mounted up high on the "c" hoop The lil half moon units will mount under the hood (low beams) and the round ones will mount on the front stinger when its built.(high beams) I also have som rectangular kc's to mount below the wind shield.
zukbuild565.jpg

More of the zuk.as she sits now.
zukbuild563.jpg

zukbuild566.jpg

Thats all I got for now.

Last edited:
The trailer I found and bought!

Big Thanks to Jeaton for taking the long haul with me to get the trailer,Thanks a bunch man!

zukibild183.jpg

zukibild184.jpg

Shes a 26' footer,rear door opening of 85 1/2" got 18'4'' on the bottom deck.plenty of room for the zuk or other rigs.

I got a 73 fireball motor home that is a giant pos that Im useing as a donor to make this a camper in the front...home made toy hauler thread to come!

zukibild185.jpg

The cieling is altready insulated...excellant,just got to do the walls and the floor of the upper deck.
zukibild187.jpg

Shes got 8 lug axles and brand new 10 ply tires on it.
zukibild186.jpg

that "tator chip trailer" looks like an awesome platfrom to build from. Hope you got a smokin' deal and looking forward to it's build ...

:cheer:

BADASS TRAILER!!! Please start another thread when you build up that thing, I'm sure with how detail oreinted you are, it will turn out slick:cool:

:coffeetime:

Thats a ****in steal!!!

Yes sir,I thought so!

Jeaton picked me up at my house at 5:00 am and we took his tractor up there to kamiah,Idaho and looked at it and I bought it.Got back home at 5:30 pm was a long ass day...well worth it...great find!!

A freind of mine is a hotrod builder,hes got a nice shop all decked out with all the sheetmetal tools nad offered to help me with the alluminum work on the zuk.I said hell ya!

On a trailer for its first time.
:cheer:
zukbuild569.jpg

His shop.
zukbuild570.jpg

I just vpretty much turned him loose on it,offered a few ideas and just got out of his way lol
getting started
zukbuild572.jpg

while he worked on the more difficult stuff i built the floor pans.
zukbuild573.jpg

zukbuild575.jpg

zukbuild574.jpg

zukbuild576.jpg

zukbuild577.jpg

Going to try to finish up the front inner fenders today!

zukbuild579.jpg

zukbuild580.jpg

Been quite the education working with him:awesomework: learned alot about metalurlogy and annealing and work hardening...been alot of fun:beer:

Dudes very talented,builds some sick hot rods...hes really digging working on a 4x4,somthing differant for him.

That is some nice lookin work:awesomework: I am sure after people see this, he might have a few other 4x4 customers heading his way:beer:

That is some nice lookin work:awesomework: I am sure after people see this, he might have a few other 4x4 customers heading his way:beer:

I sure hope so,hes a truelly talented guy and is very interested in our 4x's

I got the zuk back home some more pics of some lil piece i made that i still need to fit and fasten down.

the lil things.
rear shock hoop panels
zukbuild593.jpg

cover up that back corner
zukbuild592.jpg

and the long piece that covers up where I hacked the back of the body off.
zukbuild591.jpg

and a piece to go inbetwwen the windshield frame and dash,so thing cant fall down under my dash.
zukbuild594.jpg

his front fender wells.
:cool:
he also built a housing for the air cleaner,so it can suck mostly from outside the engine compartment.
zukbuild589.jpg

through extra louvers on this side(exhaust side)
zukbuild590.jpg

im a very happy customer:awesomework:
zukbuild595.jpg

thanks guys!

That is impressive:awesomework:
Now it's time to bang that thing on some rocks:redneck:
What grade aluminum did you end up using??
Nice touch with the louvers too. Not too many, and yet very functional:awesomework:

That is impressive:awesomework:
Thanks,he did a great job!
Now it's time to bang that thing on some rocks:redneck:
Hell ya!!!!
What grade aluminum did you end up using??
5052x.085
Nice touch with the louvers too. Not too many, and yet very functional:awesomework:

I think they will be needed pretty packed in there

Thanks man appreciate it:beer::beer:

Last edited:
This isn't the one you was looking at in Utah or wherever is it? You buy it and get hosed or what?

No that truck was in Arizona...and I decided it wasnt nice enough for what I want in a tow rig.

Sunday I drove to south Puyalup and looked at another..thats the pos that the guy lied about.Didnt buy it!

Yesterday I drove to Key Peninsula and looked at another 93 d350 dually 5 speed it was pretty nice..got some body damage nothing real bad.They where asking 5k for it and I offered 4k and the gal said ok so i drove it home last night...left kenn. @1:00pm and hit my driveway @ 3:00 am this morning:haha: hardcore day to say the least....but Im blowin black smoke again!:cheer::cheer::cool:

so now I have the delima,do I keep going on the zuk or pull my new toy into the shop and take care of some of its issues,it just needs alot of tlc...But bottom line I got a good start to a nice 1st gen again :beer:

Last edited: