• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The snawsage version---- something

last.jpg

Nothing to show tonight--I am waiting for my shipment of electrical goodies so I can finish the main power feeds. But I finally figured out a place for the front winch soloniods and started making the brackets--not alot of options for mounting it on this thing :awesomework:

Also robin do you have any more of those switch setups(safety style)?

Also what was wrong with the cooling fan on the rig? You had mentioned it but I have forgoten..

dont worry about the fan

I picked up the saftey switches at the swap meet. I know a place it tacoma to get some......how many and what color?

dont worry about the fan

I picked up the saftey switches at the swap meet. I know a place it tacoma to get some......how many and what color?

I gotta place another order of electrical suplies and I can get them pretty reasonable. I was going to throw 2 more switchs on the panel for future usage(possable one for headlamps now)--figured its easier to do it now than later....

So the fan is ok then(the motor sounded a lil loud)

:booo: I miss seeing progress pictures:booo:

I now remember the main bearing in the radiator fan is shot from some impact.

Let me know if I can bring you anything.......is there room for a stereo? cooker? what about the joystick, will your wife add her touch to it? should I bring the real tires over? need hose for vents? I have hundreds of feet of air hose from my construction days. I have a perfectly good DEAD END sign........can you use that? i'll have drive likes by wednesday.

Last edited:
I have a few pics--but I will wait till they are done---you will like :awesomework:

Also---so do I need to replace the motor on the fan then?

I have a few pics--but I will wait till they are done---you will like :awesomework:

Also---so do I need to replace the motor on the fan then?

You can replace the fan. I say just put the whole other fan and shroud in.

or I can do it........I'm on the 4th radiator and 3rd fan.

:booo: I miss seeing progress pictures:booo:

I now remember the main bearing in the radiator fan is shot from some impact.

Let me know if I can bring you anything.......is there room for a stereo? cooker? what about the joystick, will your wife add her touch to it? should I bring the real tires over? need hose for vents? I have hundreds of feet of air hose from my construction days. I have a perfectly good DEAD END sign........can you use that? i'll have drive likes by wednesday.

You want my penis doncha!!! :redneck:

:haha:

I'll pm ya the link, if you wanna order one, we can get it in for ya. :;

Ok so I finally got my shipment in.

Well origionally robin had a power lead off the main battery switch thru the firwall down to the starter soloniod. Well I needed to junction a few more power sources on the engine side of the rig and didn't want to run them down to that soloniod (length/heat) so I went with a passthru style junction stud. Made a short section of power lead from the battery switch to it...

robin55.jpg

Ok---so one thing I really wanted to do--just because I thought it would be cool and add something to the rig---headlights..

robin56.jpg

They are sunk up against the rig as best as possable--and will probably get destroyed over time. But it was the only way I could get them to fit and have them somewhat adjustable.... But once mounted I was able to finish up the wiring on the front half of the rig....

robin57.jpg

But here is how I mounted the winch soloniods. They are sunk down below the tube enough to protect them if the hood gets banged hard in that area and behind enough tube so they won't get hit..

robin58.jpg

robin59.jpg

So all the cables were shortened up and secured from the soloniods to the winch...

And we can't forget the connector for the remote winch control :awesomework:

robin60.jpg

I almost forgot about the damn thing :haha:

Also once done I went and wound the winch rope the right way :;

So I went and pulled the cooling fan out--and since the fan shroud fit so nicely and I had modified it--I opted to just swap out the motor...

So once that was done back to some more wire----stuff :redneck:

So one thing about these tauras fans--on high speed they pull an ungodful amount of amps on start up. I have seen a # of stock connectors smoke. Now with that in mind I don't like to run the typical connectors for the fan--so instead here is how I do them..

robin61.jpg

I just use the large (forget the exact size but its the middle one) spades since thats the same size as the factory connectors. The only difference this way won't fail like the factory connector due to the fact the terminal isn't held in place by plastics---which slowly melts ove time--causing the terminal to move and thus causing a bad connection/creating heat and failure...

I ran the wiring around the side of the rad and secured it to the fan shroud in a # of places..

robin62.jpg

From the fan back

robin63.jpg

Down the motor.

robin64.jpg

I also forgot to mention I pulled the main power cable out of where it was (from the starter soloniod and down under the header forward) and now runs along with the engine wiring harness

Latest posts