• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Trail to Clover Springs

gasman1

Anyone run this trail before?

I know of no one that has done this trail before, we useually just stay on the Little Naches side of the hwy.
We are talking about heading over next week and doing the trail frm the bottom up.

How's the trail?
What is the difficulty rating?
Any thing special we should know about this trail ahead of time?

We would be camping at the Nile Feeding area and heading up from there. Depending on how long it takes, we may just take the trail back down instead of the roads.

Thanks for any info :awesomework:

Did it in my hunting rig (the Cherokee I ran into you in when we first met!:beer:) 3" lift and 31" BFG muds, open/open....even got lost and ended up goin' down a quad trail during our venture!!!!:haha: (ooops!)...no harm, no foul!!! It's a good trail with some beautiful scenic views up top!!! Have fun!!!:awesomework::cool:

Not bad 4 years ago....ran it a lot during hunting season in my 75 cj 5, 3 inch lift, 33s, limited slip.

The top has a little hill climb, I could not make it, but there was a way around to the right if I remember right. More Difficult rating.....I would say only when wet out. There are a lot nice hunting areas up there.

Oh...and instead of taking the main road down...pretty sure there were some other hunting trails that headed down.....to the road again.

Last edited:
Not bad 4 years ago....ran it a lot during hunting season in my 75 cj 5, 3 inch lift, 33s, limited slip.

The top has a little hill climb, I could not make it, but there was a way around to the right if I remember right. More Difficult rating.....I would say only when wet out. There are a lot nice hunting areas up there.

Oh...and instead of taking the main road down...pretty sure there were some other hunting trails that headed down.....to the road again.

X2 on the nice hunting up there...and yes, I too went around the climb, and yes it is on the right if you're headed west...:awesomework: I don't recall any other trails up high that keep you off the main road (little bald mountain), but I may be wrong....

Last edited:
We ran it before and during jamboree. Easy to moderate. The lower Glass creek section is more difficult and may reqiure winching. Lots of roots in this section.

X2 on the nice hunting up there...and yes, I too went around the climb, and yes it is on the right if you're headed west...:awesomework: I don't recall any other trails up high that keep you off the main road (little bald mountain), but I may be wrong....

If you stay to the right of the big hill climb at the end follow to the right, and then stay right there are some other trails that go down the hill. They meet up on a gravel road again.

I would also suggest going to the top of the hill climb. Good view.

If you stay to the right of the big hill climb at the end follow to the right, and then stay right there are some other trails that go down the hill. They meet up on a gravel road again.

I would also suggest going to the top of the hill climb. Good view.

Yeah, we walked up it....AWESOME view!!!:cool: