• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The way i break the beads off tires..

kushKrawlin

okay I was in the garage :smoke: , wanting to take some tires off but not wanting to go to my buddies house with tire machine. Anyway I was sitting there, thinking about breaking some tires down. I thought and thought about something I had similar to a press, that would get right up beside the lip.. So here's what I've done.. This may be old news to everyone, I have no clue.. And everyone may tell me I'm an idiot, I just wanted to share how I break the beads down.. Seems to work very very well..
Ok , I put the tire whatever bead I want popped off facing up, right under the rear of my rig... It actually work better under the front now that I think about it because of the weight... Either way I lay the tire down underneath it and then get my highlift... Put the bottom of the highlift right up to the edge of the wheel, and start lifting up on the rig... This is where it kind of gets sketchy, only the first or second time... As you crank you will see the bead to start going down under the Jack, but you also know this is the other side of the tire starting to lift off the ground. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you stand on that tire and start jacking the truck up to put more pressure on the bead... I'm pretty sure all of us will be thinking the same thing... But my dumbass keeps going because I know it just has to work but I'm unsure what's going to happen when the bead breaks loose. And all of a sudden it pops loose, and I fall straight down on my feet... I have done several tires like this now and yet to have anything even close to being sketchy happen. Just thought if somewhere struggling with breaking beads off of tires I would share.
Reason I share this is because recently I've seen some people talking about how bad it sucks to break tires down .. Although it blows either way you look at it.. , just thought this would help some. Would also like to hear from others on how yall do it. As a kid I remember as watching my dad run over the edge of the bead with his truck, eventually getting the tire off after gettin so dam mad in the process. Man he's a maniac. Runnin over the wheel and **** all the time! Bahaha

Disclaimer: I must warn you, this has worked like a charm MANY times .. BUT im a 100% certified dumass.. Do this at Ur own risk.. :****:

Re: The way i break the beads off tires..

I do the same, on real stubborn ones I use 2 highlifts seems sketchy, but works like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hook yer tow rig up to yer trailer and then throw the tire under the trailer jack and get to crankin.

Ive used two tractors front loaders and sit the buckets on the sidewall and smash them right off.

smurfy90 said:
Ive used two tractors front loaders and sit the buckets on the sidewall and smash them right off.

This is what I do but I only have one tractor. Still works good.

shrek tits said:
Works like a champ! Just get all the dog **** off first.

I just used this method and it worked great for me. I normally use one side of a drive on lift with a vehicle on it. Raise it up, slide tire under, make sure the edge of the lift is close to the bead of the tire and lower the lift down.

Re: The way i break the beads off tires..

ead5e5e02e05939332e6f916de4b4bb0.jpg

f750a6be3310144fbbaf8e22e9782b41.jpg

cab60728aab69fc6e24d6050a04e39a4.jpg

Kel Lawrence

Re:

Don't let JohnG lie. He used rear steer to break that bead. The labor rate was $325 an hour

Kel Lawrence