• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Thick Bacon" has begun

Im final welded ..... I pre bent/ notched 2 different options in the rear to finish it out, I want to set the WB and drivetrain before anything is comitted. Im also going to shorten the front 10-12 inches if we can get away with it. This is a trail rig with his daughter in the back so the rad has to ride up front and I may have packaged it a bit long in front. I'll get it to MattB's place and we will set the axles under it, drivetrain in it and then critique it to be bad mama jama ! :dblthumb: I have had alot of fun doing this one and look forward to helping him finish it out and making it rock.

ThickBacon001.jpg

ThickBacon002.jpg

Right on bro ! You been a busy fellar since Saturday ! :woot: I guess Lay and I need to make a visit tommorow after work for some upper links thumb.gif

P I need more info on that 2 link setup.Thats cool as hell.Large tube , light weight can't ask for more than that.

just pokin fun :woody: chassie looks verrrrrry good,nice lines,quality work............... :****:

Went by last night ( while Matt was at work... ) MattB we need to set a day when you and I can do work on this thing. Let me know what kinda schedule you have on weekends ( this weekend even ) Finish up the uppers and get the belly sorted for the tranny mount, etc. I dont think I can "over the counter" the tabs I want for the uppers at the chassis so I'll see what I have and mod something or fab some up.

I need to finish the rear up as well... you have fuel cell already dont you ?

P

the upper windshield corner gussets

Where'd you get em or how'd you make em?
more detailed pics please - I like em!

do you think they will trap mud/water?
How do you make sure they don't rust?
With things like that I can't ever get paint in there and the inside rust and then rust drains down out of it.

Starting to get close. got shocks mocked up and tacked in place. Been doing donuts and burnouts in the yard. Should be pretty close to finished by the first of the year. loller.gif
2005_0724Image0020.jpg