• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinkin bout movin

302_buggy

Im really thinkin bout movin to tennessee area or any where i can do some good wheelin. I live in northeast oklahoma now and a few family fueds over stupid **** has got me thinkin bout movin east. But the wife and i have good jobs and a one year old just really dont wanna be screwed to the point i cant pay the bills. What does hardline say. Id like to know bout jobs and cost of livin out in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I moved to Tennessee 8 years ago. I have no plans of ever leaving. Cant believe is spent most of my life in Georgia, when there was something this great this close by. In my area the pay is not as good, money is tighter, but the cost of living is less. I would not trade it for a $100,000 a year raise.

Re: Re: Thinkin bout movin

Im a maintenance man at a steel shop and she has a degree in criminal justice and business admin rite now she does some kind of work at a credit software company id like to get into buildin buggies tube chassis and stuff but i know thats just not goin ti happen rite now

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinkin bout movin

tonybolton said:
You could come down here and be a Messican Wrangler and/or part time Meth-Head hunter!
Hell that sounds fun

tonybolton said:
You could come down here and be a Messican Wrangler and/or part time Meth-Head hunter!
that means he would be moving to either franklin county al (messicans headquarters) or marion county al (capitol of meth heads) :****:

I would like to try something different i was ase certified few years back and worked as a machinst for few years "my dad and gpas trade" i work on forklifts and all kinds of **** now if its in a steel shop i bet ive worked on it or i can figure it out the company i work for has a plant in jasper i wouldnt mind goin there just dont know pay scale and cost of living i gotta have a place to park my buggy and wifes jeep and all the other stuff weve got and a shop are the must haves

Ask Tony Bolton, he'll tell ya. East Tennessee is nice anytime of year. I live in Knoxville, but I would suggest Maryville for living/working, or Oak Ridge for wheelin'/schools. Windrock, Royal Blue and Harlan are within spitting distance to us. I know of a machine shop that's hiring right now near Tellico, but the jobs are out there if you just look. Good luck with your hunt! :dblthumb:

Move to the backwoods and drive to your job, living is cheap here in eastern middle TN.

I live in Jackson Co, just north of cookeville.

There is badass wheelin everywhere, even besides all the "parks".

Within 4 hrs of me I can be at:
Harlan, Windrock, Golden Mtn, Mayhem, WITC, Wooly's, Aetna, Grayrock, Hale, Hollytree, Morris Mtn, Choccolocco, Wishbone, Blackhouse (Pickett), Wilder (Grimsely/Hoodtown/Bills Creek), Tracy City (Cove), ..... plus a BUNCH of "local" wheelin places and leases that are "invite only"/private riding.

Id love to live in the back woods i grew up in the middle of no where nothin around for miles except cows farm houses and hay feilds i lived on an 80 acre farm i drive 45 miles to work now thats not a problem

Re: Re: Re: Thinkin bout movin

tonybolton said:
I wouldn't say that the humidity here is pretty shitty...

I went and spent a couple weeks in Colorado where the ex ol-lady is from. I'll take humidity over chapped lips and cotton mouth ANY day. :flipoff1:

TacomaJD said:
Alabama the beautiful, right here! Everybody is gonna be biased based on where they live at in this thread molaugh

I was googling a map to draw an "Acceptable Living Area" for the SE, but then I found this: Which could easily be Labeled "The Only Area Worth a Damn to Live", basically if you move to anywhere on this map, you're in good shape to go wheelin every weekend :dblthumb:

image_map.gif

Right down there in the bottom left, I live directly between Valley Head and Scottsboro. I'm about 20 minutes from both cities. No complaints here in my neck of the woods.

Aetna Mtn - 1 hour away
Gray Rock - 2 hours away
Morris Mtn (MMORV) - 2 hours away
Choccolocco ORP - right shy of 2 hours away
Great American Park - 3 hours away
Hale Mtn - 1 hour away
Area 51 (private land) - right shy of 1 hour away
MSORP (if it ever opens back up) - 45 minutes away

And I haven't been to any of the parks in TN, but they are within the same basic reasonable driving distance from me.

Thanks guys ill see what happens this weekend and in the next few months gotta pay off a few things before i do much either way i will make it out there to wheel one day ive seen the vids and pics i gotta hit some of those hills and see what my new build will really do thanks again