• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thoughts on a turbo setup on a jeep 4.0

felipecj said:
Man I appreciate you updating this, I was really curious how it would turn out. Glad you are more satisfied with it at 7.5 lbs of boost also. Not sure if you ever did mention it, but I'm curious what kind of deal you got on this.

I put 35's on my LJ with 5.13's and it helped a lot, but can't help but wonder if the turbo setup would be worth it. This doesn't help! Ha

It was about $900 less than retail. Something else to consider is Kenne Bell made a twin screw roots blower setup for a short while. I would really like to have one of those! I'll update as I get a few more miles on the kit as well. So far, it has some easy miles and a bunch of test hits on it. I am really curious about how much heat soak it's going to have on the trails. Time will tell.

red94yj said:
Great read. What does banks do about computer tuning?
I may have missed it, what year is your jeep?

It's a 2005. It came with bigger injectors and a diablo sport handheld tuner. It occasionally has a rough idle that I have read is in the tune. I didn't download the newest tune because I have a Mac and I am not buying a PC just for that. I'll eventually update it.

blacksheep10 said:
Buddy has a 3.8 GM GTP charger on his 4.0. Some company was making a whole intake to hold it over there and route the belt etc. Seems to like it.

You mind asking him who the company is? I am just curious because I thought about that as well.