• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Throwing in the towel - my MarsFab buggy build

Tear down is complete. Got a paint booth scheduled for about 3 weeks from now when my buddy can paint it. Hopefully between now and then I can get alot of the mechanical things done, rebuild air shocks, new gaskets and seals on the engine and trans, build the Yota t-case, etc.

PXL_20220116_224550539.jpg
PXL_20220116_224609456.jpg

@ridered3 local guy has a paint booth at his house that I rented out for the weekend and I had a buddy spray it. SPI black epoxy primer is what's on the chassis and the axles. Wanted something that was easy to touch up down the road with some semi-gloss black rattle can.

@ridered3 local guy has a paint booth at his house that I rented out for the weekend and I had a buddy spray it. SPI black epoxy primer is what's on the chassis and the axles. Wanted something that was easy to touch up down the road with some semi-gloss black rattle can.
That's cool on the rent-able paint booth and good call on future touch ups.

Completely forgot that I weighed the bare chassis before we painted it. It's just a cheap $45 mini crane scale but it's all I've got. Planning to weigh the axles and the engine as well just for curiosity. Will put the completed buggy on some racecar scales when it's all finished.

PXL_20220201_204416114.jpg

Completely forgot that I weighed the bare chassis before we painted it. It's just a cheap $45 mini crane scale but it's all I've got. Planning to weigh the axles and the engine as well just for curiosity. Will put the completed buggy on some racecar scales when it's all finished.

View attachment 160552
That's awesome on weighing everything as it's being reassembled!

Is it just epoxy primer with no clear coat?

Thanks for the heads up. Too late to change it now, that is what my buddy suggested to use. If it gets bad in the future, I'll just rattle can it more.
Assuming you are going to keep the buggy inside... then it won't be much of an issue.

buddy painted his with DP90 epoxy primer and it looks and matches krylon satin black. Every couple years he'd hit the outside of the tubes that got rashed up with rattle can. Just held a piece of carboard on the back and painted the "face" of the tubes.

Thanks for the heads up. Too late to change it now, that is what my buddy suggested to use. If it gets bad in the future, I'll just rattle can it more.
It's an awesome looking buggy would hate for it to look bad in just a few years was the only reason I mentioned it.

It's an awesome looking buggy would hate for it to look bad in just a few years was the only reason I mentioned it.
No, I really do appreciate the heads up. It will be stored inside when I'm not on a ride and I'm sure it's going to get scratched up because I plan to wheel it alot to make up for the last 5+ years of being rig-less. I'm sure in a few years it will need a repaint anyway from abuse plus I'll probably be ready to change some stuff up by then aka coilovers, stronger axles, possibly rear steer, etc.