• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Throwing in the towel - my MarsFab buggy build

Had a couple setbacks after adding fluids. Had a big transmission fluid leak that was my fault. Couple years ago when I changed from running a Sami t-case to the doubler setup, I pulled the tail housing off the transmission and I never replaced the gasket. And I just forgot about that after all that time had passed. So I had to pull the doubler and order a gasket that came in today, so I'll have it back together this weekend.

Had a couple minor leaks from a few brake fittings and a couple small coolant leaks but nothing serious.

I did get the vinyl in for the body panels. Did a couple small pieces to see how the color looked and to get the hang of installing it. The honeycomb section is painted black now, forgot to take a picture of it afterwards.

PXL_20220530_003633441.jpg
PXL_20220529_145658569.jpg
PXL_20220529_145640759.jpg
PXL_20220529_153021181.jpg

Huge thanks to @Dirkadirka875 for doing all the wiring on the buggy. Was able to drive it on and off the trailer when I picked it up.

Here is a short video of how it sounds, not bad for a weepow buggy. I didn't want it to be loud or raspy.

Been working on it as I have time since I got it back home. Interior is back in and done for now. I plan to pull the dash back out over the winter and paint it but I just want to get a few rides in before then.

To Do list
- bleed brakes more
- bleed steering
- charge air shocks
- adjust links
- vinyl wrap body panels
- nut and bolt check everything
- put rope on winch
- verify transmission & steering cooler fans work

PXL_20220723_212201683.jpg
PXL_20220723_212138260.jpg
PXL_20220723_212214599.jpg

Huge thanks to @Dirkadirka875 for doing all the wiring on the buggy. Was able to drive it on and off the trailer when I picked it up.

Here is a short video of how it sounds, not bad for a weepow buggy. I didn't want it to be loud or raspy.

Been working on it as I have time since I got it back home. Interior is back in and done for now. I plan to pull the dash back out over the winter and paint it but I just want to get a few rides in before then.

To Do list
- bleed brakes more
- bleed steering
- charge air shocks
- adjust links
- vinyl wrap body panels
- nut and bolt check everything
- put rope on winch
- verify transmission & steering cooler fans work

View attachment 207407View attachment 207408View attachment 207409

Looks and sounds awesome!

Not much progress lately, our daughter was born on August 11th so all my time has been spent with her. Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be able to sneak off for a few hours and get a shakedown run at URE.

Was able to get started on the vinyl this week. Got both of the large side panels and the hood done. Still have the roof and the smaller side panels left to do.

PXL_20220908_191044998.jpg
PXL_20220908_191035376.jpg

Not much progress lately, our daughter was born on August 11th so all my time has been spent with her. Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be able to sneak off for a few hours and get a shakedown run at URE.

Was able to get started on the vinyl this week. Got both of the large side panels and the hood done. Still have the roof and the smaller side panels left to do.

View attachment 207726View attachment 207727
Congrats on the new addition and the panels look good!

View attachment 207726View attachment 207727

Panels look good. You may have said, but what did you use for you panels?

Latest posts