• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tie down laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain gave me the blue screen of death when I tried to read Jaydog's first post. :eeek:

ever see a tow truck? they tie all vehicles down by the axels or tires not the frame.......:redneck:

if by chance the suspension is damaged then they tie it down with alternate methods solidly.

Ah... hey Joopy... When I broke my radius arm at Evans last year, and had my junk flat bedded home from Bonnie Lake, the tow truck driver commented that he hoped we didn't get pulled over because technically him T hooking my from my frame to the bed wasn't legal, but he couldn't tie down the front axle since part of the suspension was broke. He put a strap over my rear axle anyway.

My drag car buddies strap their **** down by the rear axle, and the front subframe...

:stirpot:

My brain gave me the blue screen of death when I tried to read Jaydog's first post. :eeek:

Ah... hey Joopy... When I broke my radius arm at Evans last year, and had my junk flat bedded home from Bonnie Lake, the tow truck driver commented that he hoped we didn't get pulled over because technically him T hooking my from my frame to the bed wasn't legal, but he couldn't tie down the front axle since part of the suspension was broke. He put a strap over my rear axle anyway.

My drag car buddies strap their **** down by the rear axle, and the front subframe...

:stirpot:

ok and your point is???

Last edited:
ok and your point is???
Gosh, I wonder if the point is that a tow truck driver thinks that tying to the frame, as you do, is illegal. Ya think? Not that you'd accept ANY point as valid if it disagrees with your practice...

Gosh, I wonder if the point is that a tow truck driver thinks that tying to the frame, as you do, is illegal. Ya think? Not that you'd accept ANY point as valid if it disagrees with your practice...

Have you ever talked to some of the tow truck drivers around here. there not the smartest bunch and work for damn near minimum wage. :rolleyes:

Have you ever talked to some of the tow truck drivers around here. there not the smartest bunch and work for damn near minimum wage. :rolleyes:

There is still a law that they are required to follow!!!! Talk about beating a dead horse!! I think we know who that one would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.