• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time to change

hwcurtice

Before you all flame me for this, realize that time is a precious commodity in my life. I also don't have the correct equipment to do most of this.

The time has come to do the change of oil and the required filters; oil, fuel, and air, for my Dodge with a CTD. Where, in Sultan, Monroe or the nearby area, is the best place to take my rig to have this done?

I do not want to take it to Sears. The last time I did that, I'm almost sure they changed the filter, but not the oil. (On Yoda)

I do not want to take it to the local stop and lube (See Crista's issues)

Do I take it to the local Dodge dealer? Does Dynamic Diesel in Monroe do this type of work? Do I corner Crash and have him do it for a mocha?

Why? PM my if you don't want to put it out for the world to see.

Dynamic, Not Dynamite.

When i first got my truck i took it to DYNAMIC to have a clutch installed, have the kdp taken care of, have the 3grand spring kit installed and have some injectors installed. I had all the parts so they quoted me 1200 labor. Long story short they only did the kdp and the clutch at 1400 labor.

4,000 miles later there was a bad noise in the front of my rig. The kdp was never taken care of(they just cleaned the front of the engine). I had it towed there and was completely lied to, Then he says he has to yard the engine out to fix it. I sued them and won.

2,000 miles after having dynamite fix the kdp issue the clutch goes out. The installer (at dynamite)pounded the pilot bearing in all the way so the input wasnt supported. It broke at the front of the trans. Im sure there are more stories out there based on how quickly dynamic settled my lawsuit.

Dynamic, Not Dynamite.

When i first got my truck i took it to DYNAMIC to have a clutch installed, have the kdp taken care of, have the 3grand spring kit installed and have some injectors installed. I had all the parts so they quoted me 1200 labor. Long story short they only did the kdp and the clutch at 1400 labor.

4,000 miles later there was a bad noise in the front of my rig. The kdp was never taken care of(they just cleaned the front of the engine). I had it towed there and was completely lied to, Then he says he has to yard the engine out to fix it. I sued them and won.

2,000 miles after having dynamite fix the kdp issue the clutch goes out. The installer (at dynamite)pounded the pilot bearing in all the way so the input wasnt supported. It broke at the front of the trans. Im sure there are more stories out there based on how quickly dynamic settled my lawsuit.

um OUCH! on both points.

So, where does one go for a simple fluid/filter change?

Im sure dynamite in Monroe does em, but you would have to schedule it.

Hey bunk what about Camotanker he seem's to know alot about deisels and maybe he might know of a good place too go..And thank's for helping everyone out yesterday your the best...

id say take it to rairdons in monroe. but the whole cornering crash thing sounds very interesting... i say do that.

Might be a bit far for ya, I take my truck to ONB in everett. they have never done me wrong, they even go above and beyond on the customer service. I can get my oil changed there cheaper than doing it myself (PSD w/full synthetic)

Might be a bit far for ya, I take my truck to ONB in everett. they have never done me wrong, they even go above and beyond on the customer service. I can get my oil changed there cheaper than doing it myself (PSD w/full synthetic)

Actually, if I can drop it off on a Friday morning, and get it after the last train, it isn't too far.

Where is it? Address?

I know most do, but remember what I said. Very little time, and I've never done a diesel before. I have zero clue as to what I'll be getting into.

Nothing different, just more oil and bigger filter. It's not brain science, just rocket surgery. Takes me under 5 minutes to get it draining and the filter swapped out. I let it sit for a half hour or more before I put the plug back in and fill it up.

Nothing different, just more oil and bigger filter. It's not brain science, just rocket surgery. Takes me under 5 minutes to get it draining and the filter swapped out. I let it sit for a half hour or more before I put the plug back in and fill it up.

And the fuel filter? I am under the impression that it is under pressure. I have no clue how to handle that. I have heard, rumors, of people not doing it right and having a diesel tattoo in their skin. Not sure I want that.

The air filter I am pretty sure I can do.

Honestly, I would just rather have someone else handle the mess and all.

And the fuel filter? I am under the impression that it is under pressure.

My truck's barely a year old, haven't touched it yet. If you're talking about draining the water seperator it's simple, nothign to worry about. As far as "diesel tattoos", it's all low pressure up to the injection pump, there are no filters after that. Besides, you should be intimately familiar with your fuel system in case you ever run out of fuel and have to purge it.

Besides, you should be intimately familiar with your fuel system in case you ever run out of fuel and have to purge it.

x1000.

you may want to go ask over on the bombers board. they're primarily all cummins guys and can proboly pay one of them to do/show you

bring it in to the goodyear in monroe, we do the oil change, lube the chassis, 21 point (including brake) inspection, and check and fill all fluids.