• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time to play with the big kids.

Since I had my helper out there and it was off the jig table, we decided to assemble some beadlocks and mounted the tires.

We set it at ride hide and rolled a couple tires over. Should look pretty good when she is finished up :awesomework:

nice numbers i especially like the top of the cage :haha:

Props for building the buggy this fast/ with quality. It seems that alot of the high end builds just have all off the shelf parts with a few fabbed tabs.

I have been wanting to do the same machine work to my rotors, I dont know about the holes close to the edge though.

Props for building the buggy this fast/ with quality. It seems that alot of the high end builds just have all off the shelf parts with a few fabbed tabs.

I have been wanting to do the same machine work to my rotors, I dont know about the holes close to the edge though.

Thanks.

Have you seen the spidertrax drilled rotors? 10 times the holes I did...

I'm not worried about the pads ride on the whole rotor surface it should be all good.

Just been doing some machining. Made some reducer bushings for my hiems and got a few other parts machined up. :redneck:

Been on baby duty...got the 11:00pm to 3:00am shift :eeek: so I've kept myself busy drawing parts up to be machined in mastercam and working on learning solidworks.

Attachments

• DSCN3164.jpg
    DSCN3164.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN3165.jpg
    DSCN3165.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 311
:cool: Did you make extras to sell to the rest of us for a very reasonable price?:redneck:

Well actually... I made 3 pairs to test out. These ones are all 4340.

They are slightly bigger than a stock kingpin plastic cone so the knuckle hole needs to be opened up slightly. Not sure if a stock cast knuckle would be weakened to much if it was opened up. new bearing race has an OD of 2.344" and the plastic cup is 2"

My plan for them is to use them with some new knuckles that I'm working on.

you never stop due you, get it done for may long buddy:awesomework:

They are slightly bigger than a stock kingpin plastic cone so the knuckle hole needs to be opened up slightly. Not sure if a stock cast knuckle would be weakened to much if it was opened up. new bearing race has an OD of 2.344" and the plastic cup is 2"

I have aftermarket fabricated steel knuckles so that wouldn't be a problem but I don't know about opening them up then I would be committed to aftermarket only parts......

Or you have a sleave machined to reduce the hole back down for the plastic cup.

Can post some pics of your knuckles. Which ones are you running?

Or you have a sleave machined to reduce the hole back down for the plastic cup.

Can post some pics of your knuckles. Which ones are you running?

I'll see if I can find some pics. They're from Rock equipment and only a handfull were ever made from what I understand, no longer produced. They're very simillar to the welder built ones.

Mine are going to be similar to welderboy's, was trying to make them similar to the spidertrax stuff but the lower C bearing area is to big to make it work and still get decent steering. Still working on a quick and dirty prototype to test a few ideas.

Here they are...

Cool, thanks.

So they made them swappable from side to side? Thats pretty cool.

My main goal for mine is so I can build fabricated steering arms like the people do with the spidertrax stuff and weld them right to the front side of the knuckle so I don't need to worry about studs or bolts.

Colin and I got the headers and cross over tubes tigged up, the rest of the exhaust is tacked together, fuel cell and rear winch found a home.

Front bump cans are tacked in and I repositioned the lower rear shock mounts.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg