• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire dilemma

skrause

Ok, so I'm looking at picking up a set of TSL/SXs for my truck but I have this nagging voice stuck in the back of my head that keeps saying "get IROKs! get IROKs!"..... *SLAPS BEN HARD* ..... anyways...

For those of you who have run both of these tires, what are your opinions?

Had SX's twice and they are the best sidewall strength, but that works against you for airing down unless you have beadlocks.

No IROK's here...Sorry.

TSL's.......:D

tsl/sx are a stronger tire and perform well but I think the iroks are the way to go. The voids are bigger so they will clean out better . I watch Porter wheel on some almost bald iroks and he could go anywhere. Iroks

I should mention that these will be going on a set of steelies with Bobby's lock rings. Thanks guys, keep the comments coming
:beer:

would depend on tire size you are looking at...... IROK or SX both extremely good tires. Both have pro's and cons. Can't say much about the SX since I have never had first hand experiance, but the IROK seems to preform well.

Toyotanut said:
would depend on tire size you are looking at
Right now, 36" on a 15" rim, simply because I don't want to cut the firewall. At some point I'll probably link the truck and go to 38+ on 17" beadlocks. I'm leaning towards the IROKs now because it'll save me ~$80 and they'll resell easily because of how popular they are.

skrause said:
Right now, 36" on a 15" rim, simply because I don't want to cut the firewall. At some point I'll probably link the truck and go to 38+ on 17" beadlocks. I'm leaning towards the IROKs now because it'll save me ~$80 and they'll resell easily because of how popular they are.

You just solved your own dilemma.......But just to :stirpot: I'd say 36 x 12.50 SX's :D

skrause said:
Ok, so I'm looking at picking up a set of TSL/SXs for my truck but I have this nagging voice stuck in the back of my head that keeps saying "get IROKs! get IROKs!"..... *SLAPS BEN HARD* ..... anyways...

For those of you who have run both of these tires, what are your opinions?

uh... one more voice

* "like i said last year, get IROKs " :flipoff:

GRNTACO said:
**** if we relied on you to spend it your truck would still be stock.:flipoff: Or borke down in the shop.
Uh, my truck was swapped locked and on the MTRs before I met you fork you very much. Now WhereTF were you when I thought the MTRs were a good idea? :flipoff:

skrause said:
Uh, my truck was swapped locked and on the MTRs before I met you fork you very much. Now WhereTF were you when I thought the MTRs were a good idea? :flipoff:

We thank Mike for the swap and that's why I added the "shop" part.
:haha::haha:MTR's

GRNTACO said:
We thank Mike for the swap and that's why I added the "shop" part.
:haha::haha:MTR's
He was about ready to kick me out after day 2 too.:wtf: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

archer1965 said:
I don't give a sh$! what tires you get. You're gonna get stuck on 676 anyway :kissmyass:
Oh, go get a haircut. I was never stuck, just momentumarily challenged.

Trailtoy1993 said:
good show! I was gonna chip in with "get anything tsl, you'll be happier than with them MTR's!" but look like you beat me to it!
I am watching "the" 676 vid.:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: