• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire dilemma

PORTER said:
IROKS hands down are the best overall PNW wheeling tire I have ever tried, and yes i have ran SXs also. They hook up very good on the rocks(But will wear faster), excellent in the snow,mud, and rooty trails around these parts. IMO SXs only compete in the sidewall dept. There is my been there done that opinion.:D

hey Porter,

You ran the older bias Swampers? And/Or the Krawlers?

PORTER said:
IROKS hands down are the best overall PNW wheeling tire I have ever tried. They hook up very good on the rocks(But will wear faster), excellent in the snow,mud, and rooty trails around these parts. There is my been there done that opinion.:D

x2................ again. for the first time.

TreeClimber said:
hey Porter,

You ran the older bias Swampers? And/Or the Krawlers?
I have ran the bias(TSLs), radials, and SXs from 35in-38 range, from there 39in IROKs in the 15-17in flavor, 40in MTRs, and now 39in Red label Krawlers. I have been around the block a few times.:D

PORTER said:
I have ran the bias(TSLs), radials, and SXs from 35in-38 range, from there 39in IROKs in the 15-17in flavor, 40in MTRs, and now 39in Red label Krawlers. I have been around the block a few times.:D

Not to hijack, but what do you think of the Krawler -v- Irok -v- MTR debate?

TreeClimber said:
I have no experience with the blues, but the reds are the best tire in everything but snow without a doubt. BUT they will wear out faster than the rest if you are doing alot of rock trips.

TreeClimber said:
Hijack permitted, I've wanted the Krawlers since they came out but the price difference is just too much for me to justify the jump right now.

My IROKs are sitting in the shed next to a set of Bobby's rings, gonna pick up some steelies tomorrow and should be testing them out at Evan's on Sunday. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

skrause said:
Hijack permitted, I've wanted the Krawlers since they came out but the price difference is just too much for me to justify the jump right now.

My IROKs are sitting in the shed next to a set of Bobby's rings, gonna pick up some steelies tomorrow and should be testing them out at Evan's on Sunday. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks, might just join you at Evans. Look for a red YJ on 37s with louvered hood..... I've got the Krawlers, but it was a screeming deal (they were used on one trail, during one week) about 1/2 price.

I'm building another rig, and would really like two sets of tires, the 39 soft Krawlers for rocks only, and the IROKs for trails, dirt, sand, snow, etc......

I've found that the Krawlers (hard compound) do great all around, but in certain snow conditions, the MTRs just flat do better. Most of the time however, I think a guy could be happy both with Krawlers or MTRs or IROKs. I can say that the Krawlers have better sidewalls than the MTRs.

Tony aka TreeClimber.

TacOffRd said:
Thanks for reminding me...I haven't watched it in a couple days. :haha:
You guys suck :flipoff: and I'm convinced that Max was running a JATO on his 60mph attemp up that damned hill. :corn:

Here's my response to Ben's upcoming "pics or it didn't happen" :kissmyass:

normal_IMG_3827.JPG

skrause said:
You guys suck :flipoff: and I'm convinced that Max was running a JATO on his 60mph attemp up that damned hill. :corn:

Here's my response to Ben's upcoming "pics or it didn't happen" :kissmyass:

normal_IMG_3827.JPG

I got all 4 of my Iroks on rims for 80 boners. :flipoff: I just thought i'd rub it off... i mean in.

TreeClimber said:
Thanks, might just join you at Evans. Look for a red YJ on 37s with louvered hood.....
We'll keep an eye out for ya. :beer:

TreeClimber said:
but in certain snow conditions, the MTRs just flat do better.
My MTRs did GREAT in snow, aired down they were almost unstoppable in soft snow. Almost too good, got me in trouble on one run last year when we lost the damned trail. :haha: :redneck: I cruised right by a couple well built Jeeps on swampers that kept getting stuck. :flipoff: 3' on the Naches was a blast, can't wait for the snow to fall again. :cheer: :cheer:

normal_DSCN1502%7E0.JPG

Last edited:
snwbrdpunk16 said:
I got all 4 of my Iroks on rims for 80 boners. :flipoff: I just thought i'd rub it off... i mean in.
$80? I thought I'd heard you got them for free. Sucks to be you. :flipoff: