• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire dilemma

skrause said:
Right now, 36" on a 15" rim, simply because I don't want to cut the firewall. At some point I'll probably link the truck and go to 38+ on 17" beadlocks. I'm leaning towards the IROKs now because it'll save me ~$80 and they'll resell easily because of how popular they are.

Do you drive it much on the street? If you do there wont be much left of the IROKs to resell.

fprbrooks said:
Do you drive it much on the street? If you do there wont be much left of the IROKs to resell.
As of a few weeks ago, none zip nada. It's offically reached trailer queen status. Both Ben and Kyle drive theirs on the street and they're holding up pretty good. I've seen more wear from a day at the rocks.

normal_IMG_3823.JPG

Trailtoy1993 said:
As in IROC Camaro's? OR IROK's by Interco? you can come hump my Irok's anytime you would like Signoir Crashy:D

Tsl/sx they don't make 'em big enough..... need a 40" :D

I will hold you to that :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

(and be by the phone in case I get lost tonight :D )

Hey I had an 87 IROC T-Top..all I needed was the mullet..therfore I had to get the TSL's, could not beat the price, thanks Odie:clappy:

Take pics of yer iroks every trip you go on. Depression will set in. They wear very fast and in my opinion dont hook up on rocks half as well as sx's. AND they dont clear out for sh!t in mud, Unless you have 120mph wheel speed.

Super Swamper TSL SX is the best tire for the pacific northwest. If they made a 42 it would be the only tire i would run.

I personally have had both and both are good. Sx's are a great tire and will take anything you throw at them and laugh... They do have a tire hop on the road.

Iroks hook up better in most cases and are the best I have seen in snow, but they wear faster by a wide margin. They roll down the road at 60 with no vibrations, even with bead locks.

I will be getting Iroks again when these wear out.

IROKS hands down are the best overall PNW wheeling tire I have ever tried, and yes i have ran SXs also. They hook up very good on the rocks(But will wear faster), excellent in the snow,mud, and rooty trails around these parts. IMO SXs only compete in the sidewall dept. There is my been there done that opinion.:D