• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Groovers

J.A.B

I need recommendations on good tire groover's to buy or if anyone wants to make some cash that has a good groover.

I want the TN cut on the TSL's loller.gif

I heard it costs a lot of cash to cut those tires. I think EOR may do it, or have somebody do it also

ah the old afco groover. Man that thing takes a long ****ing time. It works, just takes time. Have the tire hot. Like in the sun hot. helps a bunch.
if you can swing it, spend about $400 on a groover. Don't remember the maker, but its bigger, has its own heat control box and doesn't heat up until you touch the head (switch spring loaded in the head). have 2 buddies that own them right down the road. bad mother ****er period

ive got one that u dont pre heat when u push on the cut it flash heats work like a biotch

will do the tenn cut for 75 bucks per tire
can do 1/8 to 1 inch by 7/8 deep cuts

the last 2 replies said what I was getting at. If you use the afco, put the tire in the sun or sit on a bucket and aim the bullet heater at it on the front, cut on the top as you roll it up so its hot. cold you're going to be cussing
The last reply was about the $400 groover. its not hot till you push and the switch is tripped. then look the F out. not violent mind you, but easy and fast. the Afco groover is slow as balls with a 3/4 blade in.

KXCRAWLER13 said:
ive got one that u dont pre heat when u push on the cut it flash heats work like a biotch

will do the tenn cut for 75 bucks per tire
can do 1/8 to 1 inch by 7/8 deep cuts

sent you a pm

Yeah I know what you are saying - I was just going to talk to him about how long a process it was and stuff. I have grooved some tires with a grinder before but never tried to cut this much off.