• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire tubes

hinton

does anyone run them in our rigs? i have some of my tires that i cannot get the vulcanized part to hold, so i thought about running a boot and put a tube in it. i just did not know if they will hold up to running them at the tire pressure we run at. its on 44 tsls with a 15" wheel and the wheel is a beadlock

Yes. For the same exact reason..First time I did was in 1996. Held up fine...Just make sure not to pinch it in a beadlock. Put plenty of baby powder inside to keep the tube from rubbing the patch. Get it vulcanized one more time. If you don't at some point that boot patch will begin to let dirt/sand into the tire. This will eventually rub a hole in tube. It can take awhile but will happen..If you need a tire tube size and place to purchase in Alabama let me know.

I'm looking for the same thing and size!! thumb.gif

What size and where did you get your tube?? :dunno:

Also....does the valve stem screw to the wheel like some do??

B/C that would keep you from loosing the stem at low psi.

Thanks

Glad I'm not the only one that has trouble with tires. I looked on pirate for the size to use but had no luck with the search. Trying to eg my rig ready for summertown Halloween ride

Hwy guya juat walked in and saw this..I will get the tube size for up on here in the morning when I go out to the shop. You will be able to get them at fleet pride..around 35$...
On the valve stem, yea they have the screw on with the big washer to hold in it place.Quite handy..Look for it sometime tomorrow morning.

Hinton,
Here is the tube size straight from the sticker off of the tube ( I have three sitting in a box). 13.50R 16.5 LR16.1 This tube will work with a 44 inch TSL or bogger on a 15 inch rim..... Fleet pride may have it...I purchased these from McGriff Tire in Huntsville..If you have any problems finding the tube pm me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks alot man, did you just run a boot or patch on the inside or did you put something on the outside too

hinton said:
Thanks alot man, did you just run a boot or patch on the inside or did you put something on the outside too
Boot on the inside and vulcanized hole. If you leave the hole in the tire the boot patch will never last for a long period of time. ALso, the patch will probably come loose and let dirt and sand into the tire which will rub a hole in the tube...SO I would suggest that you have it vulcanized one last time and then put the tube inside..

Mine is on a bead lock wheel.

What keeps the inside lip of the bead lock from cutting the tube??

Inside beadlock part of wheel outer lip on tire inner lip on tube...

From what Im looking at the inner lip is going to cut the tube. :dunno: