• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tj High Tube Fenders

timothy

I started this project 3 weekrnds ago I've got pic's to post from the beginin to the frist weekend of March. I'll try to get them up tonight. Here's the build, 04 Tj,1.50 dom, Diamond plat, Trimmed hood.Again pic's coming SOON.

Cutting fenders:eeek:
IMG_20130209_174433.jpg

IMG_20130304_171555.jpg

IMG_20130304_171736.jpg

So, after three weekends of cutting and grinding.today I thought I'ld do some sweepin of the floor. Pushed, the Tj out into the sunshine. Well that's it tell next Sat whacha think O' this is my frist bending ever with a machene.:redneck::beer:

Right on! looks good. I built my own highline fenders on my YJ and the only thing I dont like about them is the rear fender just doesnt quite match the look of the raised front.

I got a plan in works to fix that just waiting on the funds.

Keep the pics coming looks like a fun project :awesomework:

The rear is already on the drawing board. I've planned on running Cj5 rear flares ( mounting a little higher of course :rolleyes:). Which I hope to get at the swopmeet Sunday as well new front blinkers. As for now I still have to gussit what I've done, Tube flare the front, Dimond platting, and paint. And yes, more pic's to come.:beer:

hmmm thats interesting... i ran TJ flares on my CJ5 to get more clearance. What are you going to do with the CJ flares to get more clearance on the TJ?

Well funny you asked, today I was able to finish the gusets on the front fenders, made templets for the dimond platting, got the holes drilled for the new blinkers, and got the right rear Cj flare fitted, how you ask I did some trimming to mount them higher for more clearance. I will try and post more pic's Sunday:beer:Maybe acuple mor weekends and hopefully I'll be done (for now):redneck:It is a Jeep after all.

May seem like a lot of work for one inch, but that is what it is:rolleyes:
IMG_20130317_132439.jpg

IMG_20130317_132623.jpg

IMG_20130317_135229.jpg

Templets made.
IMG_20130317_132725.jpg

Sweetin out the mess, as the wife got this. That one inch differents made it all work I think.:beer::redneck:
IMG_20130317_162905.jpg

Well untill next weekend and alot of LUCK pic's of the dimond platting.:redneck:

Happy Friday, Well I took today off, Try my hand at bending aluminum dimond platting Mind you I DON'T have a brake, my peaces are 40" in length, eny IDEAS would be helpful thanks:redneck::beer:

Thanks:beer: No new pic's but today I, made the mounting tabs for the side panels, got some of them burned in. Tomorrow I will pull the fenders off and finish attaching therest of the tabs, I'll get some pic's then ( CHEERS):beer::redneck:

Happy Friday, Well I took today off, Try my hand at bending aluminum dimond platting Mind you I DON'T have a brake, my peaces are 40" in length, eny IDEAS would be helpful thanks:redneck::beer:

what are you trying to bend (90 degree corners or the large radius around the tail corner ? ) you can heat it with propane to get it soft but its real hard to keep a large area hot enough (equal) I have used my big propane weed burner before to heat large areas. works ok. all kinds of tricks and tools for bending sharp angles.

The bend I'm trying to do is for the top of the fender. Were the dimond plate enters the engine bay. Ido thank you though for the heat tip:awesomework:

Well, thats it!:masturbanana[1]: Pic's coming soon, Today just gotta put in the new track bar, so stay tune for some pic's. ( CHEERS):beer: