• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TK1 hybrid shocks

If you're referring to the ones with 1-1/4 shaft I recommend staying away unless you get a killer deal.

They don't work well as a coilover so you're just buying an expensive air shock.

I can go into detail if you're interested.

tatefab said:
How do the tk1 hybrid coilovers hold up? Got a chance to get 4 16 " never used. Gonna put on light buggy. How do they handle ?

I had a set on my old buggy and they worked decent (back when they were Rock Equipment). They werent the easiest to work on and the ride wasnt the best even after tinkering and playing with them a bunch.

If they arent a great deal, I would just buy some fox's or something like that.

They arent bad shocks...they just arent the best. They will certainly hold your rig up and get you in the woods...

I'll keep it brief:

Air shocks have big shafts and a small amount of oil therefore they don't create much damping force.
The big shaft also means they will change height with temperature.
The big shaft causes A LOT of friction which is bad.
The big shaft means they can hold the vehicle up, meaning very light spring rates aka you might not be able to get the correct spring rates.
So basically they're no good as coilovers.

As air shocks they (1-1/4" shaft air shock/coilovers) should work fine, but why pay the extra expense for machining and spring hardware.