• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To those in the business...

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
So I got apprpoached tonight by a guy that wanted to know if i'd do a solid axle swap on his s-10 blazer for him... I said maybe.... but i would have to look into it further and that i was concerned with liabilities... I am confident enough i could do it, not sure on a price TO do it. So I guess what are your guys thouhgts on doing this? I know that what I made for him would hold up to a "little" abuse:redneck: As my setup has held together very well so far.

:corn:
I will type more when I am trying not to control an out of control nephew who thinks its party time:cheer: :haha:

Triple what you can do it for.
Get him to sign some paper saying your not responsible for the explosion of said rig.
Get it notaized.
Get good insurance to cover yer ass.
Die young.

Triple what you can do it for.
Get him to sign some paper saying your not responsible for the explosion of said rig.
Get it notaized.
Get good insurance to cover yer ass.
Die young.

This is going to sound dumb, although this is coming form me.:redneck: But what kind of insurance? Do they offer "cover your ass" insurance?:eeek:

Cus to give more info, the guy supposedly has all the parts, maybe i can provide leaf springs at a price. but what is a going rate? i have always figured $75/hr is fair..... maybe not....?:eeek: Plus whatever he is willing to pay for parts. Because the SAS part is fairly easy i feel but i can only go so far as putting it in and getting the steering hooked up for him, he is wanting to put in a different powertrain, so that changes things too...

You might want to put a note that the modifications are for off road use only. I notice that disclaimer on a lot of off the shelf lift kits.

explain...:corn:

#1--choose the people who you work for
#2--experiance--know what you are doing
#3--Trust in the stuff you do

Now there are things in life that you have no control of--and hell if you go thru life worring about those--then you might as well give up.

If you follow the 3 items you are still more likely to get hurt in a car accident than have something you have done go south.

I have done a # of rigs that hit the road--never an issue and I won't live my live worring about the "what ifs"

So either you have the ability to pull **** off or you don't....

Ok then, I guess my worry is that I don't know the guy....:eeek: That really is my main concern, and that spills over into the "what-ifs".. as in, what if he smashes it into a tree or something (due to his own ineptitude) and blames it on me... know what i mean?

Ok then, I guess my worry is that I don't know the guy....:eeek: That really is my main concern, and that spills over into the "what-ifs".. as in, what if he smashes it into a tree or something (due to his own ineptitude) and blames it on me... know what i mean?

Sounds like you've answered your own question. :awesomework:

its not the person who you do the work for that would be suing you, its the person who he hits that will sue whoever modified the vehicle and they are liable if the work was done for profit.

at least thats the way our lawyer at work explained it to me. of course he is an attorney who works for the government so take that for what its worth.

I give some of you all much credit for not fearing the liability, i have turned down tons of projects for other people because im too scared. i have too much to loose.:looser:

i do help people modify thier own stuff but i wont take money. maybe other work or favors. thats what friends do for each other.:awesomework:

i wouldnt worry about it. he'll probably never actually have you do it.

That was another thing... My friend saw him come over from the house down the street (not the most favourable house) so I doubt there is the money to back it up. I'm guessing it's more of a "hey, I have some parts and a shitty s-10, wanna make a shitty s-10 even shittier like your s-10?":redneck:

That was another thing... My friend saw him come over from the house down the street (not the most favourable house) so I doubt there is the money to back it up. I'm guessing it's more of a "hey, I have some parts and a shitty s-10, wanna make a shitty s-10 even shittier like your s-10?":redneck:

you should open a 4x4 shop and answer stupid questions from broke ****s all day, sounds fun huh?

folks build s10s for two reasons, they are good mechanics/fabbers, that hate toyotas. or they are ****tards that have no clue, and when you explain they picked the worst sas candidate next to a nissan and it will cost them over 3-4k to do it right, they just walk away. at that point you realize you were investing time in a dork, and dorks dont pay!:cheer: