• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To those in the business...

you should open a 4x4 shop and answer stupid questions from broke ****s all day, sounds fun huh?

folks build s10s for two reasons, they are good mechanics/fabbers, that hate toyotas. or they are ****tards that have no clue, and when you explain they picked the worst sas candidate next to a nissan and it will cost them over 3-4k to do it right, they just walk away. at that point you realize you were investing time in a dork, and dorks dont pay!:cheer:

Well, I guess I am the latter... I guess i should sell my SASed s-10 and buy a toyota like EVERYONE else that can't think for themselves and bolt everything on like a honda or jeep. If I gave a flying fart about what ignorant people suggest, then i would've built what they told me to, instead, I thought for myself, learned and built what i wanted. And it doesn't cost 3-4k to do a SAS on an s-10... it costs more!!!:haha:

you should open a 4x4 shop and answer stupid questions from broke ****s all day, sounds fun huh?

folks build s10s for two reasons, they are good mechanics/fabbers, that hate toyotas. or they are ****tards that have no clue, and when you explain they picked the worst sas candidate next to a nissan and it will cost them over 3-4k to do it right, they just walk away. at that point you realize you were investing time in a dork, and dorks dont pay!:cheer:

what makes nissan sutch a bad canidate this is coming from someone that obviously has not looked into nissans man if it was up to some of these reatards thats on this site everyone would either be in a toyota or jeep i get so freaken sick of the stupid people talking **** constantly about people building unique vehicles

what makes nissan sutch a bad canidate this is coming from someone that obviously has not looked into nissans man if it was up to some of these reatards thats on this site everyone would either be in a toyota or jeep i get so freaken sick of the stupid people talking **** constintly about people building unique vehicle

I love to see guys build cool unique stuff.... :awesomework:

what makes nissan sutch a bad canidate this is coming from someone that obviously has not looked into nissans man if it was up to some of these reatards thats on this site everyone would either be in a toyota or jeep i get so freaken sick of the stupid people talking **** constintly about people building unique vehicle

I mean he has a point.... nissans are garbage:fawkdancesmiley: :haha: j/k but seriously, I see more crappily built toyotas that can't drive down the road straight...:rolleyes:

Well, I guess I am the latter... I guess i should sell my SASed s-10 and buy a toyota like EVERYONE else that can't think for themselves and bolt everything on like a honda or jeep. If I gave a flying fart about what ignorant people suggest, then i would've built what they told me to, instead, I thought for myself, learned and built what i wanted. And it doesn't cost 3-4k to do a SAS on an s-10... it costs more!!!:haha:

Don't worry about him--he wheels probably FAR less than you do :redneck:

Thanks crash, you make me feel all warm inside.:kiss:

It really sucks when people get butt hurt because you don't wheel/drive what they do.:looser: Open your minds to new ideas people. Ignorance is bliss!:awesomework:

Originally Posted by CHOP SHOP

folks build s10s for two reasons, they are good mechanics/fabbers, that hate toyotas. or they are ****tards that have no clue, and when you explain they picked the worst sas candidate next to a nissan and it will cost them over 3-4k to do it right, they just walk away. at that point you realize you were investing time in a dork, and dorks dont pay!

your not the latter, it sounds like you are the I dont want a toyota guy. I realy dont care what you wheel, I have friends that whell about everything.

I wasnt putting you down, or nissans down. just stating that these are the owner groups that see a lifted truck and ask, " how much to lift my JIMMY, it muds reeeeel good, but I need more rubber!":redneck:

and I never said everyone should wheel a toyota or jeep, I dont like jeeps. :beer:

what makes nissan sutch a bad canidate this is coming from someone that obviously has not looked into nissans man if it was up to some of these reatards thats on this site everyone would either be in a toyota or jeep i get so freaken sick of the stupid people talking **** constantly about people building unique vehicles

I wiil say one thing you nissan has a much better frame than booinies s10

1. nissan knowledge is harder to come by.

2. same shitty axle choices as when performing xj/tj/taco/s10 SAS.

3.no one is likely to share spare parts interchange with you, unless you wheel with a bunch of s10/nissans.

4.poor low gear selection (gearboxes) aftermarket.

5.BAMMER resale value. so after spending twice as much as others, you have to sell for less than others.

6. the cost tends to be higher to be unique!

7.almost forgot the great steering options too.

I have seen pics of both you and boonies rigs on the trails. they do nont represent most of the S10/nissan stereotypes. you guys have rigs that work for you and thats all that counts.

I wasnt raggin on you guys just the dork that confronted boonie about the SAS job. hes the more common different brand owner:beer:

Last edited:
I love to see guys build cool unique stuff.... :awesomework:

nissans dont appeal to me at all, but I wish GM had built a better frame under the s series trucks. they already have a fuelie 4.3, just need axles and tranny replacements.

the transfer case, axles, and a pair of runner frame rails is all the toyota parts on my wheeler. the rest is chevy, and a strange mix at that.:redneck:

Last edited:
I must say that my frame does leave something to be desired... but i must say it was no more expensive to put my SAS in that my friends toyota. most of the cost was in doing stuff to the axle (not dependant upon the SAS). ANd ya, the steering SUCKED, I now figured out a way to get it to work really well i think (have yet to truely test it) but it definitely allows full turning and I think it will clear my 39s without rubbing on the springs:awesomework:

I wiil say one thing you nissan has a much better frame than booinies s10

1. nissan knowledge is harder to come by.

2. same shitty axle choices as when performing xj/tj/taco/s10 SAS.

3.no one is likely to share spare parts interchange with you, unless you wheel with a bunch of s10/nissans.

4.poor low gear selection (gearboxes) aftermarket.

5.BAMMER resale value. so after spending twice as much as others, you have to sell for less than others.

6. the cost tends to be higher to be unique!

7.almost forgot the great steering options too.

I have seen pics of both you and boonies rigs on the trails. they do nont represent most of the S10/nissan stereotypes. you guys have rigs that work for you and thats all that counts.

I wasnt raggin on you guys just the dork that confronted boonie about the SAS job. hes the more common different brand owner:beer:

ok you make a few good points but there are a few your wrong just saying not being a **** about it
1. axles actually the h233b which is found in almost all 4x4 nissans either have 31 sline which is found in pathys and hardbodys or 33spline found in xterras and frontiers they also have a bigger ring gear then the ford 9" i cant remember the exact size but of coarse its ifs in the front also they came with 4.63 or 4.9 for gears
2. tcase choices they just realesed the first doubler adapter to put a dana300 or other 6bolt tcases i.e. atlas stax. they also have a adapter for an atlas that has just been realeased and they have tcase gears for the tx10 3.97 and 3.7

yes i will say cost is abit more for these gears for the rear axle are 450 but that comes with most of the install kit and resale is lower

I was gonna say also, about the resale, how many people can say they'll get there money back out of their vehicle? Aside from those that have just a total bucket ride.:fawkdancesmiley:

Take for example the buggy guys (especially those that buy turn-key) will get FAR less back (total vehicle cost vs. selling price ...percentage-wise) Than I would.

I will actually admit that I see a little bit of what Chop Shop is saying... I don't fully agree with it, but I see the direction. I would probably never be seen building a Nissan or S-10 ANYTHING, but that doesn't mean that I don't think Cameron's truck, or Boonies' truck isn't cool. In fact, there are things about Aarons S-10 that I really admire. Mostly the "hunk" air freshener! :redneck:

Actually, there was a time several years back, before I had half the "skillz" I have today, an asian kid approached me in Everett about doing an SAS on his '99 Jimmy!! Ha! I was in my hardly-lifted, stock Toy with lots of chrome on it, and he thought that my truck was badass... :haha:
Needless to say, this was the guy who thought, "Hey, my truck has 4wd so it has to be way cool to put a six inch lift on it." He then would have swayed a different way and traded it on a crotch rocket or something... He even asked me if I ever go back behind the Safeway and jump the puddles... :rolleyes:

I definitely like the unique stuff, but there is no denying that some rigs are just better made for modifying. To each their own...

Chop Shop, one day you will learn that if it pay's it doesn't much matter what the job is.

I have done any job that pays it seems:rolleyes: and lost my ass on a bunch of them too.:mad:

I was speaking from a builders POV. If I have a choice, Id rather build 10 toyotas that work great, than 10 different rigs that are allfresh ground to learn on. the POV from a owner or DIYer is different, he has one rig to build and spend all the time in the world and enjoys the experience of doing it severall times if necessary to get a good setup.

these are the guys I like to wheel with to a degree, they usually understand thier rig a little better than someone that just followed the directions.:beer:

ok you make a few good points but there are a few your wrong just saying not being a **** about it
1. axles actually the h233b which is found in almost all 4x4 nissans either have 31 sline which is found in pathys and hardbodys or 33spline found in xterras and frontiers they also have a bigger ring gear then the ford 9" i cant remember the exact size but of coarse its ifs in the front also they came with 4.63 or 4.9 for gears

I was only refering to the front axle options. without spending loot on a custom axle, your stuck with wagoneer/ ford stuff. trust me I know your guys delimas. I have done alot of taco swaps, and they are in the same boat (backwards diff) . you can do it, it just costs more:beer: