• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Too high egt's?

SMARTY jr is plenty safe. Better mileage, lower temps, more power. But not too much power that you have to start worrying about other things..

TS isn't really known for being the best. Decent, but for the price, you can certainly have better.

Maybe someday:awesomework: I still havent even towed with the truck yet :haha:

Do you know if the JR would rape my stock clutch though? I really dont want to put in another aftermarket clutch

Maybe someday:awesomework: I still havent even towed with the truck yet :haha:

Do you know if the JR would rape my stock clutch though? I really dont want to put in another aftermarket clutch

NO. unless you drive like a madman while pulling heavy

...so, you have a stock clutch or aftermarket?

NO. unless you drive like a madman while pulling heavy

...so, you have a stock clutch or aftermarket?

I usually tow pretty hard to be honest:redneck:, ask 85b2man old truck gettin on the freeway if it wasnt to the floor and smokin then we werent movin quick enough hahahaha

Stock clutch in this truck yes, last truck i put a southbend clutch in and wasnt super impressed with it

i absolutely love the smarty JR....it keeps EGTs in check,doesnt hit the clutch real hard when towing mode...works great!

What years your truck? What are your EGT's when towin up a steep grade?

I usually tow pretty hard to be honest:redneck:, ask 85b2man old truck gettin on the freeway if it wasnt to the floor and smokin then we werent movin quick enough hahahaha

Stock clutch in this truck yes, last truck i put a southbend clutch in and wasnt super impressed with it

What years your truck? What are your EGT's when towin up a steep grade?

04.5 6 speed...i have to work to get it to 1150 when towing.thats truck,camper,trailer,wheeler. 20,900lbs..i can hold it on the floor goin up chinook and it wont go past 1200...with smarty JR on tow mode..

stock intake box with K&N drop in element,stock exhaust with muff delete,clutch i dunno,it feels stiffer than a stock one,was in it when i got it..havent been able to slip it yet..

My aftermarket in my old truck was actually easier than the stocker just FYI:awesomework:

Thanks for the info though, maybe someday when i have money again i will buy a smarty Jr

Says who?

Big Bad Dodge uses it for there tow rig without any issues:cool:

mp8 is a presure box that ramps up real quick.
the box its self doesnt crack injectors, but it does cause alot of huge presure spikes that do..

its bad enough that DDP wont warrenty a injector thats been run with one.

mp8 is a presure box that ramps up real quick.
the box its self doesnt crack injectors, but it does cause alot of huge presure spikes that do..

its bad enough that DDP wont warrenty a injector thats been run with one.

bye-bye :hi:

Do your research first. Do you have an RP gauge? DDP isn't responsible for your stock injectors. I guarantee they told ya OEM nozzles can rarely crack so you shouldn't have bought the box OR you should've bought aftermarket nozzles.

IIRC the hill right by my house is a 5% grade. I usually run around 950* post turbo on my 24V up it. Has 33x12.5, Quadzilla Adrenaline on PL03, intake, and 4" straight exhaust.