• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rig Delimma ( Resolved )

Re:

I think another thing that spoils me is I live in the flatlands of central Ohio so my truck never has to start working till I cross the river and most places I go are close to the highway. Really hoping to go to some different places in the future and definately out west sometime. I'm guessing out west would be pretty miserable in a small block. Now I just gotta find a diesel that someone hasn't screwed up

Re:

http://www.northmainmotors.com/2007-Chevrolet-SilveradoClassic2500HD/Used-Truck/Marysville-OH/5381790/Details.asp
A little more then I want to spend but it's life and that **** happens. This is actually probably exactly what I would want I love black trucks and want a crew cab and this would be pretty emmissions? Price seem fair?

Re:

http://www.northmainmotors.com/2007-Chevrolet-SilveradoClassic2500HD/Used-Truck/Marysville-OH/5381790/Details.aspx

Re:

I used to tow those big ass charter busses with some big ass wreckers. I can handle a long pick up truck if I can just talk myself into buying it.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I used to tow those big ass charter busses with some big ass wreckers. I can handle a long pick up truck if I can just talk myself into buying it.
It looked great other than the Duramax, I'm more partial to a gasser though.

Re:

There's a crew cab short bed 6.0 down the street from me but I'm afraid it might have just sold before I could jump on it. I keep adding this diesel thing up in my head and man its expensive for no more than I do. Maybe I need to run a gasser a few more years till I find me a sugar momma.

Re: Tow Rig Delimma

I don't see how anyone could afford to run a 8.1 gasser. A buddy of mine had one all stock except some 33's and got 8-10 mpg taking it easy through town. Not sure what he got towing but I'd hate to have to fill it up as much as I drive.

I have had 2 6L 2500's and now have a 07 ;"duramax .. Just replaced first set of brakes at 230,000 miles.. If I hadn't turned the torsion bars upfront, that would be the extent of my repairs I believe. In my opinion it is the best truck on the road. I get somewhere around 16-18 pullin a trailer, depending on how hard I am on the gas, without the trailer somewhere around 20 round town. And a few more on the highway. Bought it brand-new and it has been nothing but badass!! Have had some buddies with earlier models They had some issues can't remember what they were.. Man there was 06 on here with 100k miles or so a lil wile back for 20k. Believe it or not that is one hell of a deal.. Someone would have to show me a truck they held their value better than the 06-07 Duramax. Sure you could get a 6 L Ford, but it needs to be bulletproofed, or when you buy a you need to go ahead and have $4000 ready. If you get the 6 L Chevrolet gas burner; I would recommend a fuel tank in the back of the truck. 10.5 mpg no matter wat. Yes that sucks balls. 06-07 Duramax CLASSIC hands down. Don't be going getting a new one with that bullshit bkack box for the oil or whatever it is on the side of it, my dad seems to like his, but it's his first non gas burner. I'll smoke his ass, get better mileage than him any day!

If you want a duramax the lbz is the only one to have I think. Plus you get the manual shifter button on the column....pretty cool on the 06 I had.

whiskeymakin said:
If you want a duramax the lbz is the only one to have I think. Plus you get the manual shifter button on the column....pretty cool on the 06 I had.

X2

Dad has had 2, put 300k on the first, bought a low mileage 2nd one and now has 200k on it.

Mine has 240k now and has been beat on pretty good with the tunes I've run, and towed a 34' tag with 2 crawlers on it all over.

The trans is starting to give me trouble now unless I run it on stock power tune when I'm towing.

I reckon I'm gonna build the trans in mine and replace the leaky trans cooler hoses and keep on Rollin. :****:

Re: Re: Re: Tow Rig Delimma

whiskeymakin said:
I was just getting ready to ask about some of the other ones. Found some 03-05 trucks that are cheaper which I understand there's probably a reason for. Not to worried about power as much as reliability and price. I'm sure even a weaker Dmax would be an improvement over my 5.3 but I really don't know so that's why I ask questions.

whiskeymakin said:

definitely. love my tap shift when towing. use it all the time when slowing down and the trailer behind me (great combo with the turbo brake)

I'm on my second d-max (as I mentioned earlier), but only because we went from an xcab to a cc. it's my dd too

the only issues on the pre-lbz's was injectors. and not all of them were issues. mine didn't have issues at all when I sold it (probably had 140k on it)

the LB7 is a very good motor and wouldn't be scared to get another for the right price. do love my LBZ even more though

Re:

Is there a way to prevent future injector problems? I also thought I seen somewhere GM extended the warranty on those injectors?