• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rigs : Put Up Or Shut Up

Do dyno and drag champs work that well as tow/work rigs?

Dyno "champs"? no not really.

Drag racing yes, You can actually be pretty damn quick and competitive and still hook up to your 5ver in the pits and tow it home with no problem. Us 12 valve guys get kinda screwed in that area though. Adjustability is your friend at that point.

It's all the beauty of a box.

Yeah, 12 valve guy's don't have that luxury, It's more like a 15 minute adjustment.

It can be a push of a button, but that's not really an "adjustment". It just cuts the power literally in half... But man was it fun when I accidently pushed the button from half power to full power under throttle. :redneck:

So the guy that won last year had a 12v CTD and produced 1,148 TQ. That has to be hard on a trans. Did he even make it home?

So the guy that won last year had a 12v CTD and produced 1,148 TQ. That has to be hard on a trans. Did he even make it home?

He's the guy that's helped me with pretty much everything on mine. When he first got the truck setup he busted the teeth off of 3rd gear. It wasn't tuned quite right and All of the power would come on all at once. It's his daily driver and yes, it can handle the power. We've both replaced the input shafts with larger ones and he has a dual disc clutch. Other then that, the tranny's are just fine with the power.