• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rigs : Put Up Or Shut Up

yeah re-torquing you're head is going to take soooooo much time:rolleyes:

took me about 3 hours last time. take off every nut one at a time, clean it, put more lube on it, re-torque to 125, adjust all of the valves.. You done it a few times? You even know how many studs there are?

I might still run it, if there isn't a bunch of people. My timing is real low and my boost is low, so it's not like I'm putting a lot of strain on it. but my valves are a bit tight since my head sank down a little again.

Last edited:
I think it's funny how so many downplay their trucks performance right before a event like this and it's usually the same people who talk it up the rest ofthe time....
:haha:

took me about 3 hours last time. take off every nut one at a time, clean it, put more lube on it, re-torque to 125, adjust all of the valves.. You done it a few times? You even know how many studs there are?

I might still run it, if there isn't a bunch of people. My timing is real low and my boost is low, so it's not like I'm putting a lot of strain on it. but my valves are a bit tight since my head sank down a little again.

I think there are 32, at least 30 something, somebody need's to introduce this guy to air tool's, being the diesel god you are you should know that shop time only pay's around 2 hours for a re-torque, you work slow.

I think there are 32, at least 30 something, somebody need's to introduce this guy to air tool's, being the diesel god you are you should know that shop time only pay's around 2 hours for a re-torque, you work slow.

less then that. And I can't even use a garage let alone have airtools.

I think it's funny how so many downplay their trucks performance right before a event like this and it's usually the same people who talk it up the rest ofthe time....
:haha:

I'm guessing you are talking about me.. When do I talk my truck up? Anyone that knows me knows that I have never been happy with what it's done. Ask around. Just because I give you **** all of the time doesn't mean mine is some great truck..

i droped 391 horse/ 802 ft lb

not bad for first trip to the dyno... i realised after the dyno i left my home made " winter front" in, so had NO airflow thu the intercooler or radiator... oops.. my bad...

Last edited:

not bad for first trip to the dyno... i realised after the dyno i left my home made " winter front" in, so had NO airflow thu the intercooler or radiator... oops.. my bad...

excuses excuses. :stirpot:

<object width="425" height="366"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GyZbEtdfuRk&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GyZbEtdfuRk&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="366"></embed></object>

oh, and 180 ish miles round trip... i used just under an 1/8 tank of fuel... and that was with alot of playing... try that in a gasser... :corn:

Last edited:
no excuses. thats within 9 hp...
and thats power to the ground....

for comparison purpose, a stock 305/555 dodge puts down around 225 hp to the ground depending on dyno.

whats your excuse for guessing what yours makes , it was a free event..