• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Truck or Trailer

pokey said:
havent seen the big killer issue yet. (at least for me) Cost of insurance. The car trailer dosent have any insurance costs while the flatbet will most likely be concidered a commercial vehicle by your insurance co.

Checked on this at one time, was thinking of a F-550, there really wasn't any price difference. This was also for a personal use (non-commercial) rig and it did take a call to the head office because it wasn't your average 1 ton truck.
Besides, have you seen some of the pull trucks that are being used for RVs? If they can be registered as non-commercial, a 1+ ton truck shouldn't have a problem.

Trailtoy1993 said:
Damn tough, indnit?
Not really, having arrived home after dark I decided to just leave the truck on the trailer. I guess I could have unhitched the trailer with it loaded, but I was too lazy to do that this morning so the Taco got to stretch it's rods for the first time in about a week. :haha: I'll put it this way, I'm ready to go wheeling on a moment's notice.:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

bobracing said:
Checked on this at one time, was thinking of a F-550, there really wasn't any price difference. This was also for a personal use (non-commercial) rig and it did take a call to the head office because it wasn't your average 1 ton truck.
Besides, have you seen some of the pull trucks that are being used for RVs? If they can be registered as non-commercial, a 1+ ton truck shouldn't have a problem.

Maybe its just because I own my own buissnes then. I had the same idea before and found out that the cost was restrictive at best. For the same reason thats why my one ton van is a single wheel (instead of duals) since the cost about doubled:mad:

briejer said:
Just buy a 36' trailer and haul anything you want...........I did:flipoff:

Thats about what I need for my ultimate go anywhere set-up......

95haulingrig.jpg