• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota AC Compressor OBA

CarnationSensation

I am wanting to use my AC unit as an On Board Air system.
I am wanting to know exactly what parts i will need, if anyone here has done this and what is the best way of doing it? ALso how does yours work? please help me out.
Parts i already have:
Ac compressor from 3.0, (used to have AC but not any more)
10 galon air tank
How can i keep this as cheap as possible but still do it right?
Please give me list of parts and maybe the place to get them also would be helpefull.

pirate 4x4 has an extensive oba thread. go to the toyota brand specific tech section, search on board air. don't go there and ask what you did here though... search. lot's of info:awesomework:

Run a York 210....you won't be disappointed take my word for it!!!!:awesomework:

I still have the bracket and york that i used sitting in the shop.:; for a 22re.

mallcrawler85
Thanks for the advise, i found a lot of good info on Pirate.

stealthrunner
Im gunna try to run my AC to save a little cash but will defiantely keep the york in mind. I got the 3.0 so i would have to make a new bracket but my roomate has an 85 SR5 so ill let him know you got the setup especially since he dont have an AC compressor with his truck. How much you lookin to get for the york and bracket?

Did a halfassed setup on my ranger, that I need to change.

I ran a switch to the pump to turn it on.
I used a barbed fitting and a hose clamp to attach a disconnect fitting. Then I had a yellow coiled hose, with a "blow through"chuck on the end. That way it can't biuld up pressure in the system, and blow things up.

I would not do this setup agian, but it does work.