• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota clutch style posi?

Dain Bramage

I have a toyota posi in the back of my daily driven 86 pickup that I believe came out of a supra. It doesn't seem like it's working at all anymore, I think because someone (incorrectly) told me that it needed a friction modifier, which I think has permeated into the clutches.

Is there any way to clean the clutches? Maybe hose them off with brakleen? Or am I screwed?

New clutch packs, I believe they are rebuildable. Toyota parts.

And it might be correct to run a friction modifier.

They are made for on road use, not lifting a tire abuse

It's a totally stock daily driver, usually the most offroading it sees is logging roads, occasionally a little mild wheeling, and every once in a while a ditch might jump out and ambush me.:redneck:

I do, however, occasionally push the limits with it. Are there any products out there that will give me solid posi, stand up to abuse, and not contribute to heavy tire wear? I thought about doing a detroit, but I don't particularly like the way the one in my wheeler acts on the road.

It's a totally stock daily driver, usually the most offroading it sees is logging roads, occasionally a little mild wheeling, and every once in a while a ditch might jump out and ambush me.:redneck:

I do, however, occasionally push the limits with it. Are there any products out there that will give me solid posi, stand up to abuse, and not contribute to heavy tire wear? I thought about doing a detroit, but I don't particularly like the way the one in my wheeler acts on the road.

ARB or E-Locker

Damn. Didn't really want to go to all that expense and trouble. How about something like a lock rite? I've heard mixed reviews of them with larger tires and lower gears, but what about on a smaller rig?

Damn. Didn't really want to go to all that expense and trouble. How about something like a lock rite? I've heard mixed reviews of them with larger tires and lower gears, but what about on a smaller rig?

Its going to act about the same as a Detroit but you will have a weaker case and weaker over all.

Weld it up:fawkdancesmiley:
I think not. This is the one I traded to jake for my open diff because we couldn't figure out how to weld it. I would love to try to save my free posi, but I have little hope. I'm just gonna go with the cheapest option, either rebuild it, or lock it.

Btw, I'm gonna try to get my wheeler running this weekend, you want to come out and motivate me?:cheer::corn:

I think not. This is the one I traded to jake for my open diff because we couldn't figure out how to weld it. I would love to try to save my free posi, but I have little hope. I'm just gonna go with the cheapest option, either rebuild it, or lock it.

Btw, I'm gonna try to get my wheeler running this weekend, you want to come out and motivate me?:cheer::corn:

sure, give me a call whenever. My work week is over so im free until Monday:cool:

Let's plan for 10 on saturday. Keep in mind that I'll be bitching about the air compressor at home, and about how I can't trust my torque wrenches after the fire.