• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota eLocker woes

JNK-RNR

Now that my junk is actually running it is time for me to focus on other issues. Crash built third with a toyota eLocker in a modified toyota axle. Wiring is done and I can hear the motor "work" when the switch is thrown, both ways, but the locker will not disengage. I am not elocker "savy" yet and I am trying to find a blow up of how it functions and some ways to fix my problem. Thanks in advance.:cheer:

JNK-RNR said:
Now that my junk is actually running it is time for me to focus on other issues. Crash built third with a toyota eLocker in a modified toyota axle. Wiring is done and I can hear the motor "work" when the switch is thrown, both ways, but the locker will not disengage. I am not elocker "savy" yet and I am trying to find a blow up of how it functions and some ways to fix my problem. Thanks in advance.:cheer:

hmmm. pull the motor off and make sure it turns...

while the "motor" is working try driving back and forth and turning from side to side to see if it will disengage. If there is pressure on ur splines it has to be relieved.

no excuses said:
while the "motor" is working try driving back and forth and turning from side to side to see if it will disengage. If there is pressure on ur splines it has to be relieved.

Ok, I will give your and Crash's post's to the test. I already had the ass jacked up with both tires off the ground trying to get it to disengage by rotating a tire and hitt'n the switch.

There is a limiting switch in the diff that needs to be wired in series with the motor if it has been "tested" with out the switch I hear the fork travels to far and will not go back to normal without removing the motor and fixing it.:;

it may need some sort of a load on it there is a sweet spot on them that you have to get to make them work (lock/unlock) any how do like what crash said and check the motor see where is goes from there k

dan

JNK-RNR said:
Ok, I will give your and Crash's post's to the test. I already had the ass jacked up with both tires off the ground trying to get it to disengage by rotating a tire and hitt'n the switch.

WellI took it out to a big parking lot and did tight circles and s-turns and it still is locked. I guess today when I change the diff fluid I will pull the third. Does anyone have a blow up of an eLocker on digits. I have tried the usual google search and what not but to no avail.

wazz said:
There is a limiting switch in the diff that needs to be wired in series with the motor if it has been "tested" with out the switch I hear the fork travels to far and will not go back to normal without removing the motor and fixing it.:;
He's using the factory ECU to control it, those homebrew circuits are unreliable at best. I'm going to take a look at it with him tomorrow and see what's wrong.

JNK-RNR said:
WellI took it out to a big parking lot and did tight circles and s-turns and it still is locked. I guess today when I change the diff fluid I will pull the third. Does anyone have a blow up of an eLocker on digits. I have tried the usual google search and what not but to no avail.
:wtf: Chris, what'd I tell you about not driving it with it "unlocked"? The timing is off so it's not unlocking all the way, you're gonna break it by doing this.

skrause said:
:wtf: Chris, what'd I tell you about not driving it with it "unlocked"? The timing is off so it's not unlocking all the way, you're gonna break it by doing this.

*SLAP* you were the one who said to do S-Turns.:flipoff:

If there is any issues with the 3rd bring it to me and I will make it right----crashfab stands behind its work :;

JNK-RNR said:
*SLAP* you were the one who said to do S-Turns.:flipoff:
GENTLE S-turns, as in swerve a little while driving straight, NOT TIGHT TURNS. :rolleyes: :mad: sheesh. :haha: :looser:

I had this problem today, I just pulled the motor flipped the fork back and forth a few times and cleaned all the contacts, now I can jack up the rear and engauge and disengauge it instantly..........my .02

crash said:
If there is any issues with the 3rd bring it to me and I will make it right----crashfab stands behind its work :;

Shandy (SHANE) is going to come by tomorrow and we are going to pull it, I have no doubt that it is just being quirky and nothing to do with the way you set it up, but if I need a pro I will bring it to ya.:clappy:

JNK-RNR said:
Shandy (SHANE) is going to come by tomorrow and we are going to pull it, I have no doubt that it is just being quirky and nothing to do with the way you set it up, but if I need a pro I will bring it to ya.:clappy:
I dont know for sure but cant you pull just the locker motor and unfoul the fork with out pulling the 3ed out the housing? I would try that first.:redneck:

Well I jacked up that ass today pulled the motor, verified that it was working correctly, and it was. then looked inside and moved the actuator back and fort a bit, and put it in ulcoked position. Put the motor back in and tested..bada bing it works. Now on to the OBA and ARB up front...and wheel the piss out of it next weekend. Thanks all who replied.

Hey Wazz what part of Oregon are you from, I am looking at headding that way in July..want to do some wheel'n. I will be in the Eugene/ Springfield area, as well as the coast.

p/m'ed ya

JNK-RNR said:
Hey Wazz what part of Oregon are you from, I am looking at headding that way in July..want to do some wheel'n. I will be in the Eugene/ Springfield area, as well as the coast.
yep im from a weird part of OR the trails are there but were not suposed to use um,,, good markings and pretty much completely closed from Estacada to Detroit, it kinda f-ed up:mad:

I just a had my boy a month ago, so I got a 4x4 quad to scout winter times, muwhahah,, around here it gets up to 4600 ft. in the tall spots,, if you know how it is then you just know, IM in the Molalla area, whoo ho :hi: the winter snow is a great place to play!

Last edited: