• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota mini truck axles how strong are they

tennessee_4x4_man

guys over look my grammer i was woundering how strong toyota truck axles are stock shafts are they strong enought to run 39s

Had a guy tell me 36s would be about max jimmy told me some guys run them with 39s but i guess they kinda haft to baby them i was just trying to get some ideas on how big they would hold up to on tire size

tennessee_4x4_man said:
guys over look my grammer i was woundering how strong toyota truck axles are stock shafts are they strong enought to run 39s

Not trying to be a **** but there is a spellcheck at the bottom if your concerned about it.

I broke a stock birfield on flat ground with 38's two weeks ago. And I was just cutting hard @ 2k rpms

tennessee_4x4_man said:
well i guess i just run tons was wounting to stay narrow if i could

Run some deep backspace wheels on the tons and you'll be as narrow as most Toyotas since people normally run spacers and shallow backspace on toyota axles to get the tires out away from the frame and suspension

thanks nick i do that now all i need to figure out what rans case to run with the 350 trubo running a 4.3 think a dana 300 may work out good

Don't mess with the Toys, there fairly strong but you will just keep throwing money at them and they still wont be tons. I ran mine for a handful of years with a 4.3, th350 and 205 and never broke the TG birfs or the Longs and 38.5 SXs I ran the last couple years but you haft to drive within there limits. I fire sold my toys this winter to help bank roll tons.

Re: Re: toyota mini truck axles how strong are they

canepari said:
Don't mess with the Toys, there fairly strong but you will just keep throwing money at them and they still wont be tons. I ran mine for a handful of years with a 4.3, th350 and 205 and never broke the TG birfs or the Longs and 38.5 SXs I ran the last couple years but you haft to drive within there limits. I fire sold my toys this winter to help bank roll tons.
Agreed.

A good qualifier for if you should run Toyota axles is.

1. Less than 120 HP
2. Less than 3000lbs
3. Light throttle, light crawling and trail riding only

Pick 2 of the above and Toyota axles will hang in there pretty good with only basic upgrades. RCV front shafts should be considered a basic upgrade.

Re: Re: Re: toyota mini truck axles how strong are they

TBItoy said:
Agreed.

1. Less than 120 HP
2. Less than 3000lbs

Pick 2 of the above and Toyota axles will hang in there pretty good with only basic upgrades. RCV front shafts should be considered a basic upgrade.

Don't forget light wheels/tires under 40".

Re: Re: toyota mini truck axles how strong are they

TBItoy said:
Agreed.

1. Less than 120 HP
2. Less than 3000lbs

I am screwed. Close to three hundred horse, heavy throttle, probably just over 3k pounds.....gonna eventually upgrade to tons