• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Transmission Rebuild?

bharris68

If anyone can rebuild this for my stepfather or knows of a good shop to do the work, I'd be very grateful.

Here's the skinny:

1987 Toyota 5 speed, 22R engine, 4x4

I have the VIN if that will help anyone.

So - let me know your opinions on local shops you all have used, please, or if you can pull the transmission and do the clutch and such for extra $ on the side - that's fine too.

Kind regards,

Brett.

I could help out. I have not rebuilt one of those but I have rebuilt a few 18 speed trannys from dump trucks.

It's not like I have hounded him about fixing it. I keep forgetting to call him to see if he has time now that Gibby owns his soul:rolleyes:
and I don't have any complaints, the tranny works fine (other than that pesky leak):fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
Excellent - YotaRunner - esitmate price for labor and a parts kit, sir - including pulling the tranny out, etc. Throwing in a new clutch may be a good idea, too.

Let me know if that gets way outside the scope of work you have time for.

I mailed mine down to MArlin Crawler. He rebuilt it with all new parts and shipped it back for cheaper then anyone in the local area. I think it was maybe a 2- 3 day turn around.

It was well worth it. If I need to rebuild another I will be going back to MArlin :awesomework:

I mailed mine down to MArlin Crawler. He rebuilt it with all new parts and shipped it back for cheaper then anyone in the local area. I think it was maybe a 2- 3 day turn around.

It was well worth it. If I need to rebuild another I will be going back to MArlin :awesomework:

And your guaranteed to get GOOD quality parts inside :awesomework: