so we pulled the 82 in the garage.... 1st thing to go was the winch mount

Attachments

• SDC10546.jpg
    SDC10546.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 790
  • SDC10548.jpg
    SDC10548.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 781
the cab is out of here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• SDC10552.jpg
    SDC10552.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 785
  • SDC10555.jpg
    SDC10555.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 800
  • SDC10556.jpg
    SDC10556.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 788
now its ready

Attachments

• SDC10553.jpg
    SDC10553.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 784
  • SDC10558.jpg
    SDC10558.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 772
  • SDC10559.jpg
    SDC10559.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 774
updates:

1) dual case + twin stick and disc parking brake
2) v6 rear axle swap w/ locker 5.29 chromoly shafts and disc brake conversion
3) new drive shafts
4) rear suspension mods
5) shock hoops in front
6) new shocks in all 4 cornors
7) 93 4door 4runner body swap (need to fit the family)
8) full exo cage
9) new lighting all around
10) new master cylinder (upgrade)
11) new front calipers, rotors, brake pads

propane is on the list but maybe next year !!!!!!!!

well when you said its time for a change i didnt think it was going that far but thats cool cant wait see the out come :corn:

Are you keeping the shackle mount/ lift block thingy in this build?

**** no...and that wasn't me that put those there....i traded my built 85 4runner for this pickup becuse i had the 93 4 door 4runner in the garage i was going to go to town and build, but money got tight... i only traded for this truck to use while i was building the other ... that and the drivetrain in the pickup and the front axle i wanted for my 93 4runner.... then i decided to just fix the ghetto **** on this truck and drop the 4runner body on here.....

now i am on the next plan i am using the firewall from the 4runner on this frame and doing a full tube body....kinda f-toy...it will seat 4 and ya you get the idea... i will fix the suspension i have now by doing it proper...(blocks out of here)

next year (hopefully income tax return) i will do link suspension all the way around with full hydro steering ... when doing this the tube will be changed around abit, seeing the frame from in front of the rear axle back will be goning bye bye at that time too.....

well i picked up another t-case from S-box so i can do my dual cases... now i just need to order the adapter and twin stick..

the wife is excited about the build too.. she went online and ordered me a new set of harness seats!!!!! :awesomework:

i have the design for the cage figured out in my head but coming up with the funds to buy the bender and dies and buy the tube is lowering the budget.. so i am gonna have to suck it up and have the cage made for me :booo:

a couple buddies have refered me to those guys customs in bremerton... i talked to pat down there and i think we are on the same page with the design and his price (ballpark) sounds good...

just to check with a second source i stopped at Randys off Road (because it is very close to me) and explained to him what i was wanting to do.... GOD DANG is he freaking expensive he told me just 4500 for the labor another 3000+ for tube.... i told him for those prices i could buy a full tube chassis and still have 4000 to play with... his excuse was that S&N had it to a science and thats why it cost less :haha:

more work and pics will be getting done soon, i will update when i have more

good job man! hope the T-case works out good for ya.:awesomework: I know some guys here on the board do some bad ass tube work and can more than likely beat the **** out of almost any shop, unless you already know someone at a shop? pretty close to you and I as well.. let me know if you are interested I can put a bug in some ears for ya. or just put an add on here. let me know when you finish yur chit I'll go wheel with ya!

**** no...and that wasn't me that put those there....i traded my built 85 4runner for this pickup becuse i had the 93 4 door 4runner in the garage i was going to go to town and build, but money got tight... i only traded for this truck to use while i was building the other ... that and the drivetrain in the pickup and the front axle i wanted for my 93 4runner.... then i decided to just fix the ghetto **** on this truck and drop the 4runner body on here.....

hey i live like 4 blocks from you.. i stopped and looked at the 4runner you had for sale.that was a nice rig. liked your harnesses in the rear seats(kids)..
saw the project runner..
then this 82 showed up. was wondering what your plan was....

hey i live like 4 blocks from you.. i stopped and looked at the 4runner you had for sale.that was a nice rig. liked your harnesses in the rear seats(kids)..
saw the project runner..
then this 82 showed up. was wondering what your plan was....

above was the plan that changed a few times... now i am just parting the 93 4runner out and making an f-toy out of the 82 frame .... using the v6 rear axle from the 4runner and the front brake calipers, rotors, and master cylinder
from the 4runner...