• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tracy Jordan's New Buggy

kid rok said:
Are those spider trac axles and stuff? How are those joints able to turn that far. Post some pics of the joints.

They use a 1550 CTM joint. Here is an older article that tells about the 60 degree steering.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/harry/twisted_customs/index.php

They are the 60 knuckles and not the 1550. The axle yokes max out at 50 degrees. My twisted car is set up this same way with zero problems and this build should be 800 lbs lighter. You can check the axle and yokes out on their site. New pics of the bug as a roller are up today and some cool pics of their new hub design are also up.

Hope to hear the motor fire this weekend.

those hubs are trick as hell pepper.gif

think you'll get it finished with enough time for testing before KOH??

Im with Biggy, when's the test run ! drool

3178249680_d51bb1b253.jpg

Bones said:
Good lord! unreal the amount of one off ****.....heck, is there anything on it you can get at NAPA or Home Depot? laughing1

We used a sidekick alternator and some exhaust bolts from Ace. laughing1

I"m just nervous about getting the motor happy by koh, not worried about the build making it. Motor is being built and should fire on friday without dyno time and I'm driving it back to Denver so we can finish and wire/plumb then back here for a chassis dyno to make evrything happy. ??? We are hoping to have it finished end of month.

That thing looks awesome Tracy. Quite a change from when I first saw your cruiser when Jason did the back half. Did you get your Twisted buggy sold?

Tracy will you please put a bug in the ear of the guys at Spidertrax to create the hub setup they made for you (or even the unit bearing hubs) to be compatible with front 60's? Those things are so trick and I would love to run the spidertrax hubs and brakes on my D60 front without going to a 9 inch. I think they could do it very easy and get lots of revenue since there are so many front 60's out there. I think a basic kit to bolt the spider rotors, calipers and hubs to Chevy style front 60 would be really sweet. I know it has been brought up several times on PBB and it seems like a no brainer from the revenue point of view.

Trying to hang on to the twisted car as long as i can, they don't grow on trees either and love how well it does. Its by far the best extreme trail car I've ever wheeled, I've ran it against scrapper on my trails and it blows it away.

I know spidertrax is wanting to break into the 60 market with shafts, I'll ask them about hubs as well.

smalltimewheeler said:
I'm driving it back to Denver

Your DRIVING it back! that's hardcore right thur :eek:

you should, it'd give you some seat time and some miles with the rig

smalltimewheeler said:
I know spidertrax is wanting to break into the 60 market with shafts, I'll ask them about hubs as well.

How about some spidertrax rockwell housings and lighter knuckles?

rock mafia said:
How about some spidertrax rockwell housings and lighter knuckles?

Yeah that would be sick. Might have to swap over if they ever come out with that setup.

Yeah that thing is awesome. I would love to know how much money is in it. I know he got hooked up on everything but I would like to know what it cost anyway.